Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-17-2011, 09:19 AM   #1 
jessiepbg

Favorite Heater Brands

I'm about to start my 30 gallon and I need a heater and just wanted to know what everyone's favorite brand is. I'm going to buy off the internet, so I really want to make sure I find one whose products are consistently high quality without a ridiculous price tag.
jessiepbg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 09:56 AM   #2 
Lion Mom

Although not a "name" brand, per se, I like Jebo heaters. They work VERY well, IMO/E, and I have them in almost all my tanks (large tanks included).

Purchased them from this seller on Ebay - good price on the heater & FAST shipping:

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-JEBO-Aquariu...#ht_3042wt_989
Lion Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 01:44 PM   #3 
PewPewPew

I like Marineland :3 Theyre genrally just a good brand imo, especially tanks and heaters.
Stay away from Tetra brand's...they're so crap IME D:
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 01:55 PM   #4 
bamsuddenimpact

I like my Elite Heater.
bamsuddenimpact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 01:56 PM   #5 
kfish

I second Marineland. I have a Hydor Theo and a Marineland Stealth Pro and I greatly prefer the Stealth Pro. Keeps the water temperature much more constant and I love the indicator light (green if water temp is okay, red if water is being heated).
kfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 04:27 PM   #6 
Arzela

I use Hydor Theos.
Arzela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 11:31 AM   #7 
jessiepbg

I went ahead and ordered another Marineland in. Thanks for the suggestions!
jessiepbg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 01:39 PM   #8 
VTAb182

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion Mom View Post
Although not a "name" brand, per se, I like Jebo heaters. They work VERY well, IMO/E, and I have them in almost all my tanks (large tanks included).

Purchased them from this seller on Ebay - good price on the heater & FAST shipping:

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-JEBO-Aquariu...#ht_3042wt_989
I bought this heater (25W) for my 2.5 gal and I haven't had the best experience with it. It definitely heats the tank but to heat the tank to 80ish I have to set the heater down to 72-72 (I'm glad I tested in an empty tank first!). And every few days is seems like the sensor shifts or something because it will stay at 80 and then I'll check and it will be up around 84 so I turn down the temp setting. Then it will come back down to 80 and a few days later it will be closer to 76. It's not a systematic thing, but everyone once in a while this happens. I'm not sure if I just got a bad heater or something but I figured I would share my experience with it.

I'm looking to get a new heater and currently I'm thinking of going with the Marineland Stealth Pro. It seems to get all around good reviews
VTAb182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 01:43 PM   #9 
Lion Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTAb182 View Post
I bought this heater (25W) for my 2.5 gal and I haven't had the best experience with it. It definitely heats the tank but to heat the tank to 80ish I have to set the heater down to 72-72 (I'm glad I tested in an empty tank first!). And every few days is seems like the sensor shifts or something because it will stay at 80 and then I'll check and it will be up around 84 so I turn down the temp setting. Then it will come back down to 80 and a few days later it will be closer to 76. It's not a systematic thing, but everyone once in a while this happens. I'm not sure if I just got a bad heater or something but I figured I would share my experience with it.

I'm looking to get a new heater and currently I'm thinking of going with the Marineland Stealth Pro. It seems to get all around good reviews
Hmmmm - I don't know what to say because all of mine work just great. Sorry to hear you are having a hard time with it!
Lion Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 02:17 PM   #10 
BlueHaven

I have the hydor mini heater, and it's one of my favorites.
It works pretty well and it's pretty constant too, no fluctuations that are harmful, it only changes by 2-3 degrees but that's from day to night.
The other two I have is a Tetra one, i've heard good and bad about it, mine is working well so far, hopefully it continues to be that way.
The other is Top Fin submersible heater, it works well too, the only thing is that I can't read what temperature it is at on the switch, but I use a thermometer and check it if I decide to change the temp on the heater. It stays in the lower/mid 80s.
BlueHaven is offline   Reply With Quote