Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-17-2011, 11:43 AM   #1 
briser

Is this an infection?? I am so WORRIED!!!

So this is my girl when I brought her home on Tuesday: (her face is white)

And this is her today..

Her whole face is turning red, and I can't really tell if it is her scales or what it is because she is so tiny!
She is a marble as you can see, but she is mostly purple and blue and she only has some red on two of her fins.. Could this just be her changing colors? Her colors were very dull when I first brought her home and now she has brightened up.. She is VERY active, way more active than my male, she is always swimming around and playing in her hidey holes and plants. She has been eating fine.. she is currently in a .75 gallon tank, in which the temperature has been at a steady 76 degrees (no heater or filter but the room she is in is always at the same temp and both the thermometers in both my tanks (they are diff thermometers btw) read 76 every time I check them.) I have only had her since Tuesday so I did a 100% water change yesterday morning and will end up doing another one tonight.

Someone please tell me what this is??
briser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 11:44 AM   #2 
briser

Oh also, the red is on BOTH SIDES of her face, not just the side I have a picture of.
Old 02-17-2011, 02:21 PM   #3 
briser

Anyone?!?!
Old 02-17-2011, 02:58 PM   #4 
Oldfishlady

Lovely little girl you have.....since she is overall acting and eating fine...I think she is just coloring up and responding to better conditions and nutrition.....and nothing to worry about.....
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 03:00 PM   #5 
briser

Okay, thank you so much OFL, I know you are so reliable from other posts I have seen you reply to, that is such a relief for me! The first thing I thought was something growing on her and I automatically panicked.