Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-18-2011, 06:26 AM   #11 
vilmarisv

That's an eye popping collection.
Do you have a betta wall or have them all scattered around the house?
I enjoy water changes too... it's a relaxing time where I can closely monitor my fish and it keeps me away from the TV LOL!
vilmarisv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 07:18 AM   #12 
animallover4lyfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by vilmarisv View Post
That's an eye popping collection.
Do you have a betta wall or have them all scattered around the house?
I enjoy water changes too... it's a relaxing time where I can closely monitor my fish and it keeps me away from the TV LOL!

Thank you! And Haha yes actually I have a betta wall(I'll post a pic later) right now they are in 1/2 gallon cases (just realized they were that small!) but I am currently waiting for my 1 gallon cases to be made! Besides I still take care of them really well :) only about 15 of them are in these cases and the rest are in 1.5 gallons or bigger
animallover4lyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 07:19 AM   #13 
animallover4lyfe

Oh and I have them all in my room lol and a few in my washroom :)
Old 02-18-2011, 07:44 AM   #14 
vilmarisv

That's awesome!
I'm tempted to change my setups all the time... but they are all doing so well (knock on wood) that I'm afraid a change will do them more harm than good.
Still I would like to make a wall but I have to few for that... maybe when I have jarred fry :D
I did see the perfect shelving unit...
vilmarisv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 07:52 AM   #15 
iheartmybettas

They are all beautiful! My fav has to be the mustard dragon. He is stunning! <3

I'm still working on how to quickly do water changes on my 14. It feels like that is all I do these days once I get home from work! It doesn't help I have had at least 2 in QT for the last month for various ailments which translates into daily water changes for them. :(
iheartmybettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 08:37 AM   #16 
monroe0704

The DT female looks just like my ST, Veil... I think I pointed that out on a different thread... well anyways, you should breed her w a tricolor betta like this (see below). Veil and this guy were a sibling pair, so this is the color your female is suited to! :)

monroe0704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 09:17 AM   #17 
animallover4lyfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartmybettas View Post
They are all beautiful! My fav has to be the mustard dragon. He is stunning! <3

I'm still working on how to quickly do water changes on my 14. It feels like that is all I do these days once I get home from work! It doesn't help I have had at least 2 in QT for the last month for various ailments which translates into daily water changes for them. :(
2 in QT? lol try having like 5 or more. Right now I have 6 that need daily water changes and mediciation every single day. its not that bad, takes like 15-20 mins out my day lol.
Old 02-18-2011, 09:18 AM   #18 
animallover4lyfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by monroe0704 View Post
The DT female looks just like my ST, Veil... I think I pointed that out on a different thread... well anyways, you should breed her w a tricolor betta like this (see below). Veil and this guy were a sibling pair, so this is the color your female is suited to! :)

Yes! I know! I actually have two from same breeder as the female, but unforunately one has REALLY bad torn fins and the other, not too bad but still torn :( They would of been perfect! But I have to look around my room and see what I can match up lol if not, I am willingly to wait until I find the perfect male. :)
Old 02-18-2011, 09:20 AM   #19 
monroe0704

Quote:
Originally Posted by animallover4lyfe View Post
Yes! I know! I actually have two from same breeder as the female, but unforunately one has REALLY bad torn fins and the other, not too bad but still torn :( They would of been perfect! But I have to look around my room and see what I can match up lol if not, I am willingly to wait until I find the perfect male. :)
Are they from Koblarp 1960? That's where I got mine... ya my male is real pretty in that pic. Now he bites his fins excessively! :(
monroe0704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 10:07 AM   #20 
iheartmybettas

Quote:
Originally Posted by animallover4lyfe View Post
2 in QT? lol try having like 5 or more. Right now I have 6 that need daily water changes and mediciation every single day. its not that bad, takes like 15-20 mins out my day lol.
I must be doing something wrong because it takes me way longer...
iheartmybettas is offline   Reply With Quote