Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-18-2011, 06:26 AM   #11 
vilmarisv
Member
 
vilmarisv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Seattle, WA
That's an eye popping collection.
Do you have a betta wall or have them all scattered around the house?
I enjoy water changes too... it's a relaxing time where I can closely monitor my fish and it keeps me away from the TV LOL!
vilmarisv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 07:18 AM   #12 
animallover4lyfe
Member
 
animallover4lyfe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by vilmarisv View Post
That's an eye popping collection.
Do you have a betta wall or have them all scattered around the house?
I enjoy water changes too... it's a relaxing time where I can closely monitor my fish and it keeps me away from the TV LOL!

Thank you! And Haha yes actually I have a betta wall(I'll post a pic later) right now they are in 1/2 gallon cases (just realized they were that small!) but I am currently waiting for my 1 gallon cases to be made! Besides I still take care of them really well :) only about 15 of them are in these cases and the rest are in 1.5 gallons or bigger
animallover4lyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 07:19 AM   #13 
animallover4lyfe
Member
 
animallover4lyfe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Ontario
Oh and I have them all in my room lol and a few in my washroom :)
animallover4lyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 07:44 AM   #14 
vilmarisv
Member
 
vilmarisv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Seattle, WA
That's awesome!
I'm tempted to change my setups all the time... but they are all doing so well (knock on wood) that I'm afraid a change will do them more harm than good.
Still I would like to make a wall but I have to few for that... maybe when I have jarred fry :D
I did see the perfect shelving unit...
vilmarisv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 07:52 AM   #15 
iheartmybettas
Member
 
iheartmybettas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Texas
They are all beautiful! My fav has to be the mustard dragon. He is stunning! <3

I'm still working on how to quickly do water changes on my 14. It feels like that is all I do these days once I get home from work! It doesn't help I have had at least 2 in QT for the last month for various ailments which translates into daily water changes for them. :(
iheartmybettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 08:37 AM   #16 
monroe0704
Member
 
monroe0704's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Arkansas and Minnesota
The DT female looks just like my ST, Veil... I think I pointed that out on a different thread... well anyways, you should breed her w a tricolor betta like this (see below). Veil and this guy were a sibling pair, so this is the color your female is suited to! :)

monroe0704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 09:17 AM   #17 
animallover4lyfe
Member
 
animallover4lyfe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartmybettas View Post
They are all beautiful! My fav has to be the mustard dragon. He is stunning! <3

I'm still working on how to quickly do water changes on my 14. It feels like that is all I do these days once I get home from work! It doesn't help I have had at least 2 in QT for the last month for various ailments which translates into daily water changes for them. :(
2 in QT? lol try having like 5 or more. Right now I have 6 that need daily water changes and mediciation every single day. its not that bad, takes like 15-20 mins out my day lol.
animallover4lyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 09:18 AM   #18 
animallover4lyfe
Member
 
animallover4lyfe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by monroe0704 View Post
The DT female looks just like my ST, Veil... I think I pointed that out on a different thread... well anyways, you should breed her w a tricolor betta like this (see below). Veil and this guy were a sibling pair, so this is the color your female is suited to! :)

Yes! I know! I actually have two from same breeder as the female, but unforunately one has REALLY bad torn fins and the other, not too bad but still torn :( They would of been perfect! But I have to look around my room and see what I can match up lol if not, I am willingly to wait until I find the perfect male. :)
animallover4lyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 09:20 AM   #19 
monroe0704
Member
 
monroe0704's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Arkansas and Minnesota
Quote:
Originally Posted by animallover4lyfe View Post
Yes! I know! I actually have two from same breeder as the female, but unforunately one has REALLY bad torn fins and the other, not too bad but still torn :( They would of been perfect! But I have to look around my room and see what I can match up lol if not, I am willingly to wait until I find the perfect male. :)
Are they from Koblarp 1960? That's where I got mine... ya my male is real pretty in that pic. Now he bites his fins excessively! :(
monroe0704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 10:07 AM   #20 
iheartmybettas
Member
 
iheartmybettas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by animallover4lyfe View Post
2 in QT? lol try having like 5 or more. Right now I have 6 that need daily water changes and mediciation every single day. its not that bad, takes like 15-20 mins out my day lol.
I must be doing something wrong because it takes me way longer...
iheartmybettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bettas arrived! monroe0704 Betta Pictures 9 01-21-2011 07:21 PM
Four bettas from Thailand :) animallover4lyfe Betta Pictures 14 11-16-2010 06:32 PM
My 5 Bettas from Thailand(Aquabid) animallover4lyfe Betta Pictures 16 10-11-2010 10:52 PM
my 15 bettas coming from Thailand animallover4lyfe Betta Pictures 24 08-13-2010 03:19 PM
My Aquabid Girl has Arrived!! DefyingGravity Betta Pictures 15 01-22-2010 09:09 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:20 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.