Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-18-2011, 07:20 PM   #11 
B3TTA LUVA

thats cool ^__^
B3TTA LUVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 07:22 PM   #12 
ds2009

I have that 1.5 gal and i was very satified with it when i was using it. Mt betta was perfectly happy in it. I had a 10watt marineland heater that kept it at 78 easily. If you can only get a 1.5 gal i would definately go with that :)
ds2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 07:30 PM   #13 
Posaune

That 2.5 gallon looks so spiffy o.o
Posaune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 08:16 PM   #14 
Lion Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkrevolutionx View Post
I'm not a huge fan of any fish in very small containers, but it wouldn't be abnormal to have a 1.5 gallon, lots of people do it.

You would need some kind of heater though, for that.

I personally have a huge betta clan in a 75 gallon community tank (Males, tons of females, no aggression) and they couldn't be happier. The bigger the better imo, but that would work.
Do you have a picture of your 75 gal.? Would LOVE to see that!!!
Lion Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 09:03 PM   #15 
Aluyasha

I have had that 1.5 gallon tank off and on over the years and I personally think it is a good tank. Big enough to fit a cave and some plants. But yes, you do need a heater, that tank gets cold pretty fast.
Here is mine when it was setup:

BTW, if you are buying it from the store. It is cheaper at Walmart. :)
Aluyasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 09:23 PM   #16 
B3TTA LUVA

i would like a 1.5 (i have limeted space) but i dont know how much heaters are or how they work....TO GOOGLE!!!!
Old 02-18-2011, 09:31 PM   #17 
B3TTA LUVA

A heater has officaly been taken out of the Betta equasion i am not sure what to do to keep my soon to be fish warm, and i have tried to convince my parents (lame i know, not my parents the fact i cant get a heater) but they are both convinced that bettas can live in a tiny bowl with no heater. ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRG!!!!
Old 02-18-2011, 09:50 PM   #18 
turtle10

I hate to say it, but I wouldn't get a betta if you can't get the heater. In a 1.5 the temperature fluctuates a lot more and gets cold faster, so a heater is pretty much necessary unless your house is kept at like 83 degrees lol. Print out the betta care sheet for your parents. A betta is an animal too, and nothing should be kept in a tiny bowl with no heater :(.
turtle10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 10:00 PM   #19 
Aluyasha

That sucks.
Times have changed, Goldfish used to be kept in milk jugs. Besides, heaters are only about $10.
You could try to sit down with your parents and explain that this is important to you and that new information says that the care of fish is different nowadays. Also, when I was younger, a good arguement was that this was something positive for me to get into. Caring for animals is a rewarding experince and helps people be more confident and kind. And it is alot better hobby then what most kids and teens are into these days.
Aluyasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 10:10 PM   #20 
turtle10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aluyasha View Post
That sucks.
Times have changed, Goldfish used to be kept in milk jugs. Besides, heaters are only about $10.
You could try to sit down with your parents and explain that this is important to you and that new information says that the care of fish is different nowadays. Also, when I was younger, a good arguement was that this was something positive for me to get into. Caring for animals is a rewarding experince and helps people be more confident and kind. And it is alot better hobby then what most kids and teens are into these days.
That is so true. I recently got out of high school, and while I was taking care of my dogs and cats most of my peers drank and smoked drugs. My sister is becoming a teen and her interest in her dog, Boo Boo has gone down so low. She used to be in love with him, she NEVER put him down. Now, he sleeps with me everynight :)
turtle10 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
important!!!