Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-18-2011, 11:17 PM   #21 
Aluyasha

When I was young, all I ever wanted to do was play with my cats. :)
And today animals still rule my life.
Aluyasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 11:18 PM   #22 
PewPewPew

I'd say thats something of a win ;D
And to be honest, OP, the tetra tank is sorta pricey, mine wasnt cheap. You get a filter with it, too, but meh. You dont actually need it, IMO/E..
The small glass is a good bet, that way, for the price of the 1.5, you could get a heater, more or less. They arent much bigger size wise than the 1.5 gal, trust me. I live in a dorm, and its crrrooowwwddeeddd in here XD
I have a 5gal now, along with that very tank you want for a healing, sick tetra :B
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 12:59 AM   #23 
ilovebunnies

1.5 gallons is an ok size for your betta, but of course the 2.5 is better. I have a 2.5 gallon, it really doesn't take up too much space. Maybe get your mom and dad excited about keeping a pretty and colorful fish... one that will stay pretty and colorful with a heater... and flash his pretty colors while swimming around in 2.5 gallons ;) Lol, I use colors to convince my mom.
ilovebunnies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 10:29 AM   #24 
Littlebittyfish

Some ideas for you maybe....

You could offer to wash your parents cars for 10 dollars to get a heater for the 1.5 gallon tank.

Or...
You could also get a large vase at a thrift store or other retail shop..(1.5-2.5 gallon vase) clean it real well and get a heater and some nice decorations.

You might be able to do the vase idea for around the same price as the 1.5 gallon tank,but be able to get the heater as well.

My fish Cleo lived in a 2 gallon cookie jar with a heater and live plants for 8 months.

(he's in a 5 gallon tank now though)

It was like this:

I left the lid off of course though, so he could breath and I added some nice gravel and 2 small amazon swords and he was very happy in there for 8 months.

I wouldn't get a betta if you can't get a heater though, It is very important to have a heater, because they are tropical fish.
Littlebittyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 11:06 AM   #25 
fishman12

I had the same 1.5 gallon tank. I got the Hydor Mini heater. It says 2-5 gallons on it, but you could do it in the 1.5, you just have to make sure to unplug it and plug it in when it gets up too high. The 2.5 gallon is better, so try and use some of the techniques suggested in posts above to convince your parents.
fishman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 01:15 PM   #26 
Littlebittyfish

Here is another option.
Kritter keepers can look really nice, and some of them go up to 2 gallons.

http://www.petco.com/product/12031/P...t=OnSiteSearch

I would get the medium or the large (had the large one for a little but and I looooved it!)

small heaters:
http://www.bigalsonline.com/Fish_Tem...tml?tc=default

http://www.amazon.com/Hydor-HEATER-A...8139237&sr=8-1
Littlebittyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 03:56 PM   #27 
B3TTA LUVA

^_^ cool ill have to think about it though but i ve never been to pet store actully so i need to see what they look like mayby i can go there soon and check out the tanks....
B3TTA LUVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 04:12 PM   #28 
Windblowswolf

What is limiting your size? Money or space? Or both? How much space do you have and how much are you willing to spend on all of it?
If you tell me how much space you have and how much you can spend, I'll try to see what set ups you could go for.

Last edited by Windblowswolf; 02-19-2011 at 04:22 PM. Reason: More info
Windblowswolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 04:22 PM   #29 
naturegirl243

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aluyasha View Post
That sucks.
Times have changed, Goldfish used to be kept in milk jugs.
Really I never heard that thats awful!I have a 29 Gal. with two goldfish(Oranda and Calico Ryukin)

And I think a 1.5 Gal would be fine people keep them in alot worse I did the cookie jar idea with Diego for about 3 months and it worked great and looked really cool.I would really suggest saving your money for a heater if your parents won't buy one.Honestly a heater is more important then a filter without a filter you just have to do more water changes but without a heater you can't really control the temp.BUT if you really can't get one try putting a deskp lamp over the tank it will help keep it warm.Ikea sells like a $3 one I aactually used one for a little while when I was short on heaters and $.
naturegirl243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 04:28 PM   #30 
Aluyasha

[quote=naturegirl243;594928]Really I never heard that thats awful!I have a 29 Gal. with two goldfish(Oranda and Calico Ryukin)
quote]
That is why Goldfish were able to become so popular. Most fish die the second they get put in there but Goldfish did not.
They actually used to put them in metal jugs to transport them along with Paradise Fish. They are our frist real fish pets.
Aluyasha is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
important!!!