Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-19-2011, 08:39 AM   #1 
Bettaluver4evr

Healing!! :)

I'm very pleased. Butterfly's progress is still going at the same rate, which is quickly. :) Heres a pic from a week ago, then a pic from today. :) I'm so happy! :) He's such a cool fishy.
Attached Images

Bettaluver4evr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 10:37 AM   #2 
Oldfishlady

Good job...he is looking great....
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 11:52 AM   #3 
FuulieQ

Wow, he looks so much better! :) You must be taking great care of him.
FuulieQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 04:59 PM   #4 
Bettaluver4evr

Thanks so much! Since it happened, I just got him the new tank and have been doing partials almost every day and putting in a few drops of bettafix every once in a while. Oh, and I got him a catfish buddy, and he looooooves him. Always checking on him, seriously! Always searching around until he finds him, gets this relieved look on his face, then goes back to flaring or swimming. :) But, Benny is going back tomorrow... oh well. I'm so glad you think he is healing well! Hehe. I'm proud, and I have high hopes that his fins will be almost completely back to normal in a few months. :)
Old 02-19-2011, 06:31 PM   #5 
Sweeda88

Bettafix is NOT good for Bettas, I've read. It can damage their labyrinth organ.
Sweeda88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 07:06 PM   #6 
Cravenne

Wow..he looks great!

Nice job.
Cravenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 07:46 PM   #7 
peachesxo

oh wow he looks good, the color lines seem to be growing back exactly the same way they looked before, too.

when he first lost his fins and you posted on here i felt soo bad, he really is a looker, but seems like he'll be good as new in no time at this rate
peachesxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 08:26 PM   #8 
Bettaluver4evr

Thanks so much guys!!! I've always been proud of his fins, and then they were torn and I was so upset, but I sincerely believe they will heal very well. Sweeda88, I have heard tons of bad things about bettafix, but I'd been using it for 6 months prior to getting Butterfly, and I only use a few drops. I have never had any problems with it. :) I promised if I saw or noticed ANYTHING out of order, I'd do a 50% water change and work on getting all of the bettafix out of the tank. I do 20% water changes every day and only put in probably 10 drops total a week, so I don't think there is ever a dangerous amount of it in the tank... I hope this eases your concern. Don't worry, I never reccomend it to anyone because I don't want to be slammed by a bunch of people who hate it, but again, I've been using it for 6 months and I have never had a problem... please don't me mad at me?
Thanks again guys! I'm doing my best. :)
Old 02-24-2011, 10:27 PM   #9 
dramaqueen
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettaluver4evr View Post
Thanks so much guys!!! I've always been proud of his fins, and then they were torn and I was so upset, but I sincerely believe they will heal very well. Sweeda88, I have heard tons of bad things about bettafix, but I'd been using it for 6 months prior to getting Butterfly, and I only use a few drops. I have never had any problems with it. :) I promised if I saw or noticed ANYTHING out of order, I'd do a 50% water change and work on getting all of the bettafix out of the tank. I do 20% water changes every day and only put in probably 10 drops total a week, so I don't think there is ever a dangerous amount of it in the tank... I hope this eases your concern. Don't worry, I never reccomend it to anyone because I don't want to be slammed by a bunch of people who hate it, but again, I've been using it for 6 months and I have never had a problem... please don't me mad at me?
Thanks again guys! I'm doing my best. :)

Don't worry about it. I've used it before on my first betta whose tail looked like it went through a shredder and it helped. I don't think a few drops every once in awhile is going to hurt anything.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 11:42 AM   #10 
Bettaluver4evr

That's what I said! Thanks for agreeing with me! :P He built an enormous bubble nest last night in his new huge vase, I think he likes it. :)