Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-19-2011, 08:33 PM   #1 
Shari0816

bubble above eye getting worse

Hi-

I am new to this forum. Ive searched and searched for answers as to what this is, so its my last resort. I found a site on Bettas that said what Dale has is Gas bubble disease.. but hes getting worse.

Dale had ick about a year ago and I was able to cure his surprisingly enough with a Pea... yes a pea out of a can. This little fish store in my area told me this trick.

About 2 weeks ago Dale started to grow this bubble above his eye. Its gotten bigger over the past two weeks and then all of a sudden yesterday it split open and it looks like there is white "fuzzy" stuff inside it. Hes eating and swimming around fine, but Im pretty sure whatever it is, is bad if its now an open wound.

Ive included a link below with a picture of the bubble.

For care info: Dales water is changed once a week, he gets a little bit of salt in his tank and he gets some water stabalizer because we have a lot of chlorine in our water. Dale is about 3 years old.

Any help would be appreciated, even what the name of this is would be helpful.

http://s1085.photobucket.com/albums/j434/sharib0816/

Thanks
Shari0816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 10:45 PM   #2 
FuulieQ

Does it envelope his eye, or is the eye alright?

Honestly, it looks like a tumor right now to me, or possible a large abscess. How big is his tank? (how many gallons)
FuulieQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 07:15 AM   #3 
Shari0816

His eye is ok. Its right above it. His tank is 3 gallons. One other person posted something like what dale has and when I looked up lymphocytosis it fit what he has and says there's no cure but it may fall off within 4 weeks. Its a viral infection. His tank his temp controlled as well in the mid 70's.
Shari0816 is offline   Reply With Quote