Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-19-2011, 09:07 PM   #1 
baylee767

Question Plant help

I just got some narrow leaf java fern, java moss, and anubias from a LFS (FREE moss, nice people!) And I'm about to sit them in a container of untreated water since I learned that it's good for killing off unwanted creatures.

What exactly IS a narrow leaf java fern? What ever it is, it's WAAAAAAY taller than an ordinary one, and I bought it to help baffle my filter. And this untreated water thingy works, right?
baylee767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 09:46 PM   #2 
baylee767

Here's how I setup my tank after becoming impatient and running the plants under some running water...
Attached Images

Old 02-20-2011, 12:22 AM   #3 
baylee767

Eh... quick little update.

I'm in LOVE with this anubias. Before I thought my swords were awesome... but the anubias is so green and it's shaped so lovely... And these narrow leaf java ferns give it a VERY exotic look!!! They cost like $10... but it's still cool. I got 4 free narrow leaf java ferns. The one I payed for is huge, the others are tiny. I think I'll be removing the drift wood ornament and getting real driftwood (which is smaller at the place where I got these plants) I can't wait to put in awesome soil-like substrate in a couple of months!
Old 02-20-2011, 01:30 AM   #4 
PewPewPew

Ive used treated, untreated, very cold water, pretty darn hot water and salted water but I still have these nasty worm-like clear worms and snails that eat my plants from Bob's Tropical Plants (CURSES!!!! DX)
I dont know if I think it does T-T
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote