Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-20-2011, 01:27 AM   #1 
naturegirl243

What do you guys think of my newest 5 gal.

Well I have all my boys in 5 gal. tanks with one 10 gal. split in half.I ended up getting a minibow 5 I set it up spongebob themed lol I have always wanted to make a spongebob tank.This was right after a water change so there is no fishie in the picture well he is in the cup and angry at me but I bought a yellow VT from petsmart at the beggining of the month I just keep forgetting to tell you guys about him plus he is HARD to take pictures of like harder then any of my other and the includes Youki who hides from me when I come in the room.But I was just wondering your thoughts on how I set it up since I love everyones opinions on everything!
Attached Images

naturegirl243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 01:42 AM   #2 
Abby

i have a sponge bob fish pants (thats his full name):

:)
Abby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 01:45 AM   #3 
naturegirl243

haha awww he would look cute in my tank.My guy doesn't have a name yet but he is darker then that almost orange but is still yellow he had orange gravel for a little while but I did not like it cause it made him look crazy orange and I already have my orange guy.
Old 02-20-2011, 02:43 AM   #4 
scootshoot

Looks great. Am sure once he becomes acclimated he won't be as camera shy.
scootshoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 02:43 AM   #5 
Omboc

Not a bad looking tank at all!
How much did you pay for it?
Omboc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 03:33 PM   #6 
naturegirl243

Thank you.
Hahaha too muchI forget how much the minibow was but it's a minibow 5 with 3.49 natural gravel from petco and a 9.99 spongebob house a 3.00 Gary the snail a 3.00 fake squidwards house cause I am not spending ten bucks on the real one.two of those yellow and orange plant pod things from petco for I think 4.00 each and that colorful silk plant for 4.00 from petco.Oh and a sponge thing for 2.00 to go over the filter intake so it is not as strong.So about 29 bucks for everything in the tank plus the 13 dollar heater I got on clearance at Meijer.And the tank itself was 40 something.Yeah I spent to much but I really like how it turned out.
Old 02-20-2011, 10:57 PM   #7 
luvmybetta

Location: When you read my Threads, Posts, Replies, they are being sent from Kansas...Yes, I do have a Toto.
Nice looking tank!! I have the minibow 5 and have had it for awhile. I have already modified it by removing the Aqueon filter and replaced it with a Marina i25 filter which I like much better. I have also been looking at Zoo Med 10 Watt 50/50 fluorescent lighting. I haven't decided about the lighting, Yet. The only other 5 gallon tank that I have had was the Marineland 5 gallon Hex. I do like the minibow better. But, I now wish I would have just "put together" my own package just like I did with my large tanks. By the way, how is that 50 watt heater working out for you in a 5 gallon tank?
luvmybetta is offline   Reply With Quote