Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-20-2011, 05:34 AM   #1 
elijahfeathers

Calder gets super stressed any time I mess with the tank :c

Does anyone else have this issue? My one fish Calder... he gets so stressed. Any time I even touch the water he freaks out, hides, and turns all pale and stripes up.

First I was cupping him, but due to stress I stopped that. I've been pulling the water out of the tank, thought maybe the few minutes with with heater off might be doing it (since it's kind of cold here). Pushed the heater down so that it's safe in the water even with the tank about 1/2 full. Take water out? He's still striped up and pale.

He's in a divided 10 gallon with Anael and Anael is fine. Since Calder is freaking out so much I just and leaving the tank half full until tomorrow, to give him some time to recover.

On the bright side, with my fake water lettuce, it does look kind of cool with the tank only half-full. Little hanging roots and silk plants from the ground brushing the surface... lol
elijahfeathers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 08:08 AM   #2 
Pekemom

Elijah. I have my tank on a counter between my kitchen and living room. Frequently, when I walk by, I'll just wiggle my finger in the tank to create a few ripples and keep on walking.

When I feed, I wet my finger first, collect a few morsels on my fingertip, and shake off the food in the water. Now, of course, each time my finger is in the tank, Brooke will excitedly swim right up to my finger, thinking it's feeding time. She will actually take the food from my finger at this point.

Associating your closeness to the tank with food may help a little...
Pekemom is offline   Reply With Quote