Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2011, 02:01 PM   #11 
Sweeda88

I thought you said she DIED. They can't spawn if she's dead.
Old 02-20-2011, 02:08 PM   #12 
jschristian44

she died today i had her in a seperate tank. i cant tell if there are eggs or not! and now i cant do it again because i got no female!
Old 02-20-2011, 02:12 PM   #13 
cjayBetta

Maybe its the fish gods trying to tell you something.
Old 02-20-2011, 02:15 PM   #14 
ChelseaK

It amazes me that you would even let your female get so beat up to the point that she died. Apparently the pair were not introduced correctly, nor were they conditioned properly. You probably will not have eggs either because you have pestered the male too much by touching the tank at all; he has probably already eaten the eggs. If you had done your homework, you would know that once the two have spawned you DO NOT touch the tank or the male until you take him out. It stresses him and he eats the eggs.

I was prepared to breed just this past weekend, and the pair just never showed the proper signs while the female was in her separate jar in the breeding tank , and even though I had been waiting over a month to breed them, I took her out and put her back into her tank because I KNEW that nothing good would be accomplished by being impatient.

You should really visit Mr. Vampire's website. The first line on his breeding page would prove to you that you are not suitable to breed; you are doing this for all the wrong reasons.

There is my rant.
Old 02-20-2011, 02:18 PM   #15 
LolaQuigs

I cannot believe that you killed your female through improper conditioning, and all you can think about is whether or not she spawned! You completely disregarded her life and well-being just because you were way too eager to breed. You are not acting responsibly enough to even have fish, let alone breed them.
Old 02-20-2011, 02:18 PM   #16 
Sweeda88

I'm sorry, but I'm not going to be nice anymore. You think it's okay to treat your fish this way so you can get amusement out of watching them breed? No, it's NOT okay. You said you didn't want anymore criticism, but I don't think you get it. These are innocent lives you are dealing with. If you can't listen to the criticism, then DON'T have pets!
Old 02-20-2011, 02:28 PM   #17 
jschristian44

the only reason why he got so aggressive is because they were done spawning. all she would do was hide in the ornament when he was tending the nest. i read somewhere that this happens when she is done spawning. and the only reason why he damaged her so much is because i never knew that they spawned. they must have done it overnight or something when i didnt see, i left them privacy because i hear your supposed to do that. my male wasnt aggressive at all, but i hear he gets very aggressive to her after they are done, which i didnt realize that because i was still waiting for a spawn to happen. it usually only takes 2 hours right? i left them for like almost 2 days without checking on them until i finally saw her hide all the time and not come out at all. she was perfectly fine. are eggs white in the nest or a brown color? argh. my female was super healthy and conditioned enough.
Old 02-20-2011, 02:30 PM   #18 
Sweeda88

Quit making excuses! You weren't ready, and you know it. Your excuses just sound lame.
Old 02-20-2011, 02:41 PM   #19 
ChelseaK

You left them for two days??? Without even checking?? You are supposed to take her out immediately after spawning for a number of reasons, that being one of them. I'm pretty sure you don't have any eggs, sorry.
Also, if you are still asking dumb questions like that, you are obviously NOT ready!
Old 02-20-2011, 02:43 PM   #20 
jschristian44

so can i mess up the bubble nest and start feeding him again?
Closed Thread