Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2011, 04:47 PM   #31 
ChelseaK

You need to have more females than male guppies together otherwise they will kill each other. Trust me. I had 4F and 3M and one of the males was STILL aggressive to the others. As my fish expert told me, "guppies can get nasty"
Stop breeding.
Old 02-20-2011, 04:47 PM   #32 
ChelseaK

Note, when I say aggressive, I mean he killed the other two males.
Old 02-20-2011, 04:53 PM   #33 
jschristian44

i just like watching babies and i wanted too see them hatch, etc.
Old 02-20-2011, 04:57 PM   #34 
Abby

ok yall need to cool off. yeh he went against everything u told him and yeh it didnt work and resulted in the death of the female but come on guys ease up already this is harassment. yeh he went about the breeding all wrong but come on already.

Justin, sorry it didnt work for you. some people find it easy others find it hard.
you could always look around your area for anyone selling unsexed juvies if you just want to watch them grow but they wont be tiny babies.
i mean the breeder i just got my new nine 3 month olds off as selling unsexed babies 10 for $5.00 because he had 5 spawns of 200+ fish and was making room for the smaller ones They were the same spawn i bought from just woould have been ten that havent shown their sex yet..

NB: My fish were already sexed, i picked 2 boys and 7 girls already coloured up and pretty like
Old 02-20-2011, 05:00 PM   #35 
LolaQuigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschristian44 View Post
all i got left is my male mustard gas.
What happened to your other male? The one you said was too aggressive to breed?
Old 02-20-2011, 05:03 PM   #36 
ChelseaK

I'm not trying to attack the kid, but as a farm owner, it's frustrating to see someone taking breeding of any animal so lightly. Situations like this kind of hit home a bit; it's terrible trying to create life and see it destroyed.

For someone that just wants to watch babies grow up, that is a great suggestion Abby, that's awesome that you had that opportunity.
Old 02-20-2011, 05:07 PM   #37 
jschristian44

if i had a place to buy juvies that would be awesome. then i wouldnt need to go through all this frustration on trying to spawn them. i just want to see them grow, etc. then if i want to breed a few down the line i would. would you mind shipping me like 10 babies for 15.00 shipped? i will end all breeding until 2012 so i have enough time to research.
Old 02-20-2011, 05:08 PM   #38 
jschristian44

i got all this food and everything else for the babies and now i got none...
Old 02-20-2011, 05:14 PM   #39 
Abby

@ justin: um im in australia.

@ chelsea: my kids are three months old and my six other boys are bit older, so im seeing them coming along nicely, the little girls have their breeding stripes and very eggy, ive got two spawns in mind in about 2-3 months ill do them both at once :)
Old 02-20-2011, 05:48 PM   #40 
monroe0704

The threads this guy posts are always so funny to read lol. I saw his other VT male for sale on AB for $1... So maybe that indicates where it went. Anyhoo, lesson to be learned this time around: Check on your spawning bettas periodically. Take note of the female's condition and remove her when she has sustained too much damage. Error on the safe side by removing her early.

I give you this info cuz you had said you were giving up on breeding earlier but still did it... So I have a feeling you aren't done attempting yet lol
Closed Thread