Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-20-2011, 09:01 PM   #1 
BettasForever

Is this conditioner safe to use for my Betta?

I was digging through the tank box to see if I missed anything because I keep my betta supplies in my tank box (because I just got a new container for my fish stuff at Target) and I came across a little packet that has some sample conditioner in it that says Tetra Aqua in the corner, then says Aqua Safe. It says its for any type of fresh/saltwater aquariums, but I just wanted to make sure... Does anyone use this conditioner for their tanks? I ran out of Top Fin water conditioner yesterday so I was thinking I could substitute this for next week's water change until I have a chance to get to Petsmart. It would be awesome if I could use it because it says "Treats 30 gallons" That's 15 water changes! Awesome! So does anyone have any experience with this conditioner, and is it safe for Bettas?

Thanks so much!
BettasForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 09:13 PM   #2 
vilmarisv

Yes, you can use it but you should never wait until your old conditioner runs out to get a different brand. You should condition your fish to the new water, preferably by mixing the 2 conditioners over a few days until you are using the new one only.
Now, if you want to use the AquaSafe... I suggest you condition your fish to the new water adding small increments to the old water, just like when you first get your betta home.
vilmarisv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 09:17 PM   #3 
BettasForever

Thanks for the info, I'll be sure to do that. :)
BettasForever is offline   Reply With Quote