Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-21-2011, 11:28 AM   #11 
BettaHeart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldfishlady View Post
HUFA-highly unsaturated fatty acid....I use a supplement called "Selcon" its a saltwater supplement in a pink bottle...I get it from Dr Foster and Smith....
Do you know if they ship to canada?
BettaHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 11:35 AM   #12 
Oldfishlady

I don't...sorry, however, most fish shops that also sell saltwater fish and supplies should carry it....
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 11:40 AM   #13 
BettaHeart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldfishlady View Post
I don't...sorry, however, most fish shops that also sell saltwater fish and supplies should carry it....
no worries i will find out as soon as im done feeding and cleaning the 10gal
Old 02-21-2011, 12:51 PM   #14 
Marona

Rofl. "Sea-Monkeys are real Time-Travelers asleep in biological time capsules for their strange journey into the future!"

Also if you don't eat seafood you're a vegan. Just saying lmao.

Shrimp are bugs, though. FYI.
Marona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 04:00 PM   #15 
BettaHeart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marona View Post
Rofl. "Sea-Monkeys are real Time-Travelers asleep in biological time capsules for their strange journey into the future!"

Also if you don't eat seafood you're a vegan. Just saying lmao.

Shrimp are bugs, though. FYI.

Old 02-21-2011, 04:12 PM   #16 
Abby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepale View Post
But after all some people feed their snakes with guinea pigs and hamsters,even though ..it feels so wrong.
Sea monkey are aqua-pets as well.
What's wrong with the pellets and blood worms :)?
Our snake is fed day old baby chicks, rats and occasionally a dead bird freshly hit off the road side lol
(if my dads driving along and sees a fresh bird dead on the side of the road he will bring it home *shudders*
) Also the baby chicks and the rats are usually gassed and frozen as snake food, worst part is the defrosting stage, you could make a late breakfast in the kitchen and upon returning your bowl there's a dead animal floating in a sink of warm water

Quote:
I am not trying to offend you,it's just how I feel.
Brine shrimp...hm I don't feed him with that,if that matters.
And I am a vegetarian so I don't eat shrimp as well.
your Betta needs a varied diet, you may be a vegetarian but he is not hence the upturned mouths originally used to catch insects off the water surface. Sea monkies ARE Brine shrimp the only difference in sea monkies and brine shrimp are the way people usually hatch them, (kids hatch sea monkeys in them things we fish people hatch brine shrimp in different ways.) I went on this big sea monkey craze a while back and my bf handed me a tiny vital of bs eggs and told me to go nuts. mind you the vital has millions of eggs in it and cost him like 8 bucks!

Quote:
Remember the sea monkey pictures from the 80's,that's how I picture them lol so I feel like a murderer but it's all in my head.
http://partoftheprecipitate.files.wo...sea-monkey.jpg

Remember the Amazing Live Sea Monkey TV show of the early nineties :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzs_8JDfsdo

Last edited by Abby; 02-21-2011 at 04:15 PM.
Abby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 06:13 PM   #17 
Nepale

I am not judging your choice so I would appreciate if you don't try to judge mine.In general.
I do understand the needs of your pet (your snake) and I would never try to ignore it's right to survive by bursting into some crazy tree hugger yapping.But I personally won't be able to stand the thought of the whole dead bird in the warm water thing :) That's one of the reasons I never got a snake,although I love them with a passion.
And my betta has everything that he needs.I made sure I can provide him different food every day of the week if needed.As for the brine shrimp,I heard different stories,read some weird reviews and recommendations so I am not sure if I want to go for it yet.

Sea monkeys are not very popular in Eastern Europe (where I am from),so in the beginning I found them fascinating,and unfortunately that goofy picture I posted is my idea of them . Lol the baby with the ribbon and all.
Like I Said it's all in my head,I am sure that everybody wants to do what's best for their pet - I just feel a little different about it .
I don't know why I have to explain myself so much just for a simple remark,I definitely didn't want to question his humanity or something hahaha.

And actually vegan is a person who rejects the use of animal products for any purpose including his diet,it's different from being a vegetarian,not mentioning there are different types of veganism and vegetarianism in general.
Nepale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 06:16 PM   #18 
Abby

Im not judging you, ive vegan and vegetarian friends i dont judge people.
Abby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 06:31 PM   #19 
bamsuddenimpact

i feel like its kinda like saying... Well, you got your dog nuetered, why aren't you haha
bamsuddenimpact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 06:40 PM   #20 
Smile4Me2Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamsuddenimpact View Post
i feel like its kinda like saying... Well, you got your dog nuetered, why aren't you haha
Um...... What now?
Smile4Me2Night is offline   Reply With Quote