Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-21-2011, 05:45 PM   #1 
weluvbettas

I give up! Taking a break form fish. :'(

Hello guys
I think im going to be quiet these next few weeks. My bettas are putting loads of stress on me. Depression runs in my family and im showing the first signs of it.Its hard on me to think how such a small animal can cause so much. I come home and im faced with so many problems. Gnomeo has sbd. Lynx is tailbiting. Lolli is always stressed. The fry are fighting. Im losing my shrimp colonys and im falling well behind on water changes. Also the stress of it all is having a affect on my social life as well. Im always moody round my friends and can never be bothered with anything. My parents are always moaning about my fish. I just want to shout and shout :( Sorry for this but I think im losing the bug. I think i wont be on the forum now. Bye you have all been so nice to me all this time. You have all put up with my ways of pancik and pic spams. :) I would like to thank all the nice members that i have become friends with over the past year .
weluvbettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 05:58 PM   #2 
BlueHaven

Aww....well, I hope things turn up for you soon..
Maybe you just have too many on your hands. It's hard not to get overwhelmed by it all when you are stressed and feel bad.
I know how that feels!
BlueHaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 06:00 PM   #3 
vaygirl

I'm so sorry you're having a tough time. I really hope things get better and you have less stress to deal with. Take time to take care of yourself. It's so important. I hope to see you back soon!
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 06:01 PM   #4 
lilchiwolf

Remember one thing, and I found this out the hard way. When you have live animals to care for you really can't have a social life. Me wanting a social life so bad made me drop outta horses and stop my dreams. Now that I am out of school I have none of those friends that meant the world to me. It wound up not even being worth it and I became even more depressed cause I lost horses in my life. I still don't have them back cause being on my own, its to much to pay for. I have my boyfriend, I have 1 or two friends that I get lucky to see once a month, and I have my fish that are always waiting for me to do things with them every day.

Its more fun coming home to something that loves you and it always there then coming home to nothing.
lilchiwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 06:02 PM   #5 
weluvbettas

Thanks guys :) I just feel like I'm doing everything wrong.
Old 02-21-2011, 06:06 PM   #6 
weluvbettas

Lichi. I don't want to be like that. I want to keep my friends. High school in the uk is like hell. If your know as the weird fish person you just get eaten alive.
Old 02-21-2011, 06:11 PM   #7 
tsoto80

Dont totally cut us off!! I know I am still sorta new but I do not have friends either and I consider people on this forum my friends (hope thats not too sad) I am shy and been burt too many times so all I feel I need is my kids, BF, mom, fish, and people on here. I get stressed out too but taking care of my pets has always calmed me. Try to meditate or go for a relaxing walk that also calms me down Try your best to stay positive cause having depression will only make you go furthor down (I should know) I do hope you feel better soon
tsoto80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 06:34 PM   #8 
Sweeda88

I know how the depression feels, hon. It can get really hard to take care of yourself, let alone your fish. I have clinical depression, so I'm not talking about something that is just circumstantial. I sometimes wish I didn't have so many Bettas because of my depression and chronic back pain, but one of the things that gets me through the day is taking care of them. I hope you feel better soon! God bless.
Sweeda88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 06:41 PM   #9 
Betta Slave

Aww bud, I'm so sorry :( I know how you feel; things will look up soon, don't worry.

Everyone (including you!) will get better and everything will sort itself out. Come back when you feel like it, or shoot me a message when you feel like it/have time.

Get better! <:)
Betta Slave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 06:43 PM   #10 
weluvbettas

Its manic depression that's in our family. :/ Thanks sweeda. At least I know someone who knows what I'm talking about. Some times I wish I had never been sucked into the world of fishkeeping. It has in a way ruined my life.