Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-21-2011, 07:46 PM   #11 
LolaQuigs

I know how stressful it can be when life just begins to feel so overwhelming and you feel like there is nothing you can do to take control. Treat your fish as well as you can and take solace in that. If you have tried your best, and things still end up badly, just know that you did your best and there was nothing more you could do.

High school sucks everywhere I had a very rough time of it, but things eventually got better. Take time for yourself and do what you need to do, the forum will always be here, and we will be happy to have you back once you start to feel better!
LolaQuigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 07:56 PM   #12 
weluvbettas

Thanks lola. But I'm like at the bottom of the school 'food chain' I'm like the weak little mouse. I constantly get called names g*y and homo freak just because of the way I look. I'm not even like that.... I have a girlfriend for gods sake!
weluvbettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 08:03 PM   #13 
LolaQuigs

I know how it is to be on the bottom of the food chain. I was the kid everyone made fun of when I was in middle school. I was clinically depressed in my early teens, certainly linked to how miserable I was in school. My first two years of high school were rough, but then things started to get a bit better. Anyway, just take some time for yourself if you need to. And if fishkeeping has become a complete burden, maybe you could consider rehoming your fish? If you aren't getting any joy out of it, and it is just causing even more stress, maybe you should take a break from it until you're feeling better.
LolaQuigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 08:10 PM   #14 
weluvbettas

I couldn't rehome them. I would like I have given up on them and broke my promise to care for them. I'm gonna try and keep on top of everything.
weluvbettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 08:32 PM   #15 
lilchiwolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by weluvbettas View Post
Lichi. I don't want to be like that. I want to keep my friends. High school in the uk is like hell. If your know as the weird fish person you just get eaten alive.
I'm just saying from my own fight through high school. I could have both when I was in school. Once out its a whole new world. You have to choose to ether have a life with animals or do everything you can to keep your friends who in the long run, might not even keep you.
lilchiwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 08:34 PM   #16 
BettaHeart

Im not sure if you are really open to this idea of mine... im a single mother of four soon to be five and way over a hundred fry lol I was also the last person anyone in high school ever wanted to know mainly for the things i was interested in, a trekkie lol the only girl trekkie, i self taught myself to speak japanese, and german and oddly klingon , i read mythology basically i was the weird one to be avoided lol depression is something i deal with on a minute to minute basis, this past year i had taken a course from the organization
Art of Living and it has made quite an improvement in my life and if you are in need of a positive change i would suggest atleast looking into it. Something so simple can make a great difference in the outlook on life.
For ever hardship we go through there is always always a time of joy and celebration, I never really believed this three years ago but i can stand by this saying to this day and for all the days to come.

Last edited by BettaHeart; 02-21-2011 at 08:40 PM.
BettaHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 08:39 PM   #17 
dramaqueen
Banned

I am so sorry to hear this! Please know that you have friends here on the forum and we care about you! I may be 50 years old but I well remember what high school is like. I'm sure it's even worse since I was in school. People will tell you to ignore the hateful commentx but it's hard to. For some reason, some kids think you have to "look" a certain way or they label you. I was bullied in high school myself so I know what that's like. If your depression gets worse, please get medical help. I went through a bad time last year after my mom's surgery and had so much anxiety that I was forced to get help. I'm so much better now, thank goodness. As far as your fish go, just do the best that you can. There were times when I could hardly make the effort to keep my tanks clean but somehow I managed. We're here for you if you need someone to listen to you.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 08:42 PM   #18 
BettaHeart

Totally agree with DQ
BettaHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 08:45 PM   #19 
Pekemom

Weluvbettas~

You are overwhelmed and all of us have 'been there.' My advice would be to strip away some of the responsibilities that are just too much for you to cope with right now. Is there a friend or LFS that could care for your babies (or maybe all but one) for awhile? I went through a very similar situation when two 'back-to-back' hurricanes hit Florida in 2005. I just couldn't care for any of my surviving fish - Life just overwhelmed me at that time. Please know that all of us can relate to how you feel, but you will come around again and feel strong. Right now, see if you can offload some of your responsibilities for awhile.
Pekemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 07:17 AM   #20 
Duncan13

I'm so sorry, I completely understand how you feel. Its so hard to have a love for animals and have a good life at school. I'm in 7th grade in an International school in shanghai, China, and school life is really hard. I had to try so hard just to not get made fun of, for my obsession with animals. I have "unpopular" friends and I just basically have to hide my friendship with them at school or else I get made fun of. Our school has alot of groups and this year life at school finally started getting better. I have 3 good friends, 2 guys and a girl and we usually hang out together. I just barely made it into the "popular" group and now I don't get made fun of anymore. But my point is, that nowadays you have to try SOO hard to get excepted into the society and it sucks. If you are a part of the "popular" group then you can't talk to the "unpolular" people. I can't believe that my school is even a Christian school. The people are so mean, and words like gay and lesbian are used everywhere, even in class. You also get refered to as gay or something if you don't have a girlfriend. If you don't go to the dances people think that your "unpopular". But I know that even my school is better than some of the public schools in the US. Thats why I'm scared to move back to Canada in 2 years, I'll have to go to a public school and try to make new friends and not made fun of.
Duncan13 is offline   Reply With Quote