Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-22-2011, 08:52 AM   #21 
bloo97

Quote:
Originally Posted by weluvbettas View Post
Lichi. I don't want to be like that. I want to keep my friends. High school in the uk is like hell. If your know as the weird fish person you just get eaten alive.
I feel ya.

Sorry about the stress. ):
When are chill pills going to be invented for legal use?
bloo97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 09:18 AM   #22 
bloo97

Idea! Maybe you could talk to a teacher or counselor or even your parents. If I had that problem (Which I do) that's what I would do.
Hope that helps. :)
bloo97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 09:24 AM   #23 
karlhague

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloo97 View Post
I feel ya.

Sorry about the stress. ):
When are chill pills going to be invented for legal use?
Hahaha.

--------------------------------------------------------------
Sorry to see you Go Mate.
karlhague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 02:54 PM   #24 
wildmagic713

I'm sorry :(

But remember- something good always comes out of something bad.

I have loved horses since I was a little girl. I started riding lessons when I was 8. They went fine, I was leasing a horse that I loved (And still love) to bits, and having a lot of fun. Well, I was only half leasing, and one of my "friends" started riding him the days I didn't because her horse was hurt (Due to her own stupidity). She hurt him as well, overworked him, and he fell in the middle of my riding lesson. I took a dive and landed on my head, and ended up with a concussion.

The next day, I found out that my "friend" blamed me for hurting him, which would never in a million years happen. I left that barn and haven't ridden since, because I couldn't BELIEVE that they would believe her (The compulsive liar) over me, the person who never lied to them ever. I felt hurt and betrayed and I just couldn't believe it.

However, since that fall, my life has changed. I've gotten more confident and become the kind of person who says "You know what? You don't have to like me. But I don't have to care what you think. I've been through much worse so I don't really care anymore." Also, I've gotten more into music. I've gotten 10x better at guitar, and I have an opportunity to record at a studio, which probably wouldn't have happened if I was still riding.

If it wasn't for that fall, I wouldn't be that way. I've dropped my dream of riding (For now, I'll pick it back up in another year when I can drive), but I've gained so much more. I've made so many new friends and become so much stronger in myself. Yeah, I wish it had never happened and that I was still riding three times a week, but even if it hadn't, we wouldn't have been able to pay for it and I would have lost it either way.

Point being, don't focus on the bad. Focus on the good and on what can happen. It may seem bad now but when you look back on it in a month, two months, a year, you'll see that good things did come out of it.
wildmagic713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 04:32 PM   #25 
vaygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildmagic713 View Post

However, since that fall, my life has changed. I've gotten more confident and become the kind of person who says "You know what? You don't have to like me. But I don't have to care what you think. I've been through much worse so I don't really care anymore."

Point being, don't focus on the bad. Focus on the good and on what can happen. It may seem bad now but when you look back on it in a month, two months, a year, you'll see that good things did come out of it.
This is really good advice. People will say and do what they will. You can't control that. You can control your reaction to it. I realize you're at a disadvantage having depression run in your family. My Father was a diagnosed Manic Depressive. But really, do your best to tell yourself every day that the only opinion of yourself that really matters, is yours. Even if you're having a hellacious day, just remember that you should love yourself. No one can do that for you.

It saddens me that all of us can come here and say "I was teased too." cause I was also that girl. Pudgy, hated to shower (LOL!), dressed different, thought different. For some reason I never gave a damn what people thought of me. It hurt to be teased in the moment but I could walk away and tell myself "That person is so wrong about me. I don't give a crap what they think." I don't know why school has to be such a trial for some people. I know they say it makes us stronger but that's hard to listen to when you're in the moment.

You seem like a really nice guy. I hope that helped just a little. I know you might not even be around but I just wanted to put that out there. It makes me sad to see people hurting.
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 05:15 PM   #26 
weluvbettas

Thanks guys :) Your advice is really nice :) I just dont want it to get too serious that i cant take care of myself. I think also been a teenager is bad aswell. Im currently starting to get spots and as how much i try I can get rid of them. I really hope I can try and stay normal seeing what my mum was like. It really hard to describe how I feel. It like I just wanna come home sit in a corner and just vanish.
weluvbettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 05:21 PM   #27 
wildmagic713

Acne's part of being a teenager. We all have to deal with it. Just find a good old face wash (I use a Neutrogena one) and some 8 or 24 hour acne remover (I use a Neutrogena one) and use them. I have rosacea that I have to treat that will never really go away, so.....

Just find something that makes you happy :) Animals and music make me happy, so that's what I run my life on. When school sucks I come home and listen to music and dance around and play with my dog and pet my cat and have a good time.

Plus my closest friends are from those two things. I have a couple from riding that are my penpals that I love and then I have a friend that I met on the forum on Taylor Swift's website and we hang out a lot and goof off. And she's almost 18. I'm 15 this July.
Old 02-22-2011, 05:25 PM   #28 
BlackberryBetta

I'm so sorry. I know how hard fish keeping can be. If you get known as the weird fish person, people tend to think of you as friendless. But really, in a way, your fish is your friend. I mean think about it, they are always there for you can never care what you are wearing or saying. But that isn't my point, I just think you need to get away from fish keep for a littlw while and if you think you are feeling better and ready to take on a fish again than just go for it. It is very easy to get overwhelmed with even 1 fish. I only have 1 and I sometimes get super stressed about the littlest things. Anyways, if you ever need anybody to talk to, we are always here. Good luck.
BlackberryBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 05:27 PM   #29 
dramaqueen
Banned

+1 Vaygirl and Wildmagic. This thing about being teased and bullied is a big issue for me since it happened to me. I'm pretty outspoken about it. I don't know why teachers can't do more to stop this from happening. I realize they can't be everywhere at once, though. I was always scared to report anything for fear of getting in trouble and that people would think it was my fault. One time, a couple of months after being at a new school, some boys in my history class were throwing spitballs and paper airplanes at me. When I told the teacher he says "Well, I've never seen them do it. " They did it when he was writing on the board! I had water balloons thrown at me, some kids threatened to throw me in a pond across the street from school. I could go on but I won't.

Last edited by dramaqueen; 02-22-2011 at 08:34 PM.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 05:50 PM   #30 
wildmagic713

I mean, everyone runs into trouble at school. I don't really like my "friends" there, for the most part, except the one that I met this year, one who I've been besties with since fifth grade (Our old school didn't have a HS, we're the only ones who went to our current one), and this one boy that I'm friends with. I come home and talk to my real friends that I love being around.

I'm the "weird" one, and proud of it. I love horses, I love animals in general, I'm responsible, I don't drink, I'm a good student, I'm artistic, I'm good at music. I just fail at athletics XD (Except Ultimate Frisbee and riding)

Everyone has issues. The "popular" kids in my class seem to have everything, but I know they don't. Most of them are average grade-wise (Meaning Bs and Cs). Their older siblings hate them because of how they act (They drink a lot and stuff, my brother is the soccer star, he's friends with all their siblings, and he tells me that stuff). They never spend time with their families.

For everything that they THINK is wrong with you, you have something they don't have. Middle/High school are just chapters in your life. You can let them bring you down or you can find all those things that make you different and special and use them to your advantage :)

God only knows what would happen to me if I didn't play the "I'll help you on your homework NOW, but you owe me" card all the time. If it wasn't for the fact that I help everyone who asks I'd be so screwed XD I don't live up to expectations because everyone expected an athletic social butterfly just like my brother is, but I'm the opposite of him.