Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-21-2011, 11:38 PM   #1 
lostmyz

Planted Tank and CO2

hello all I have a question. I just put my Co2 system in my betta tank. Its going at roughly 1 bubble/sec. Does anyone have experience with bettas and planted tanks and co2 systems that could give me some advice. I have it set right now to a 12hr timer to work only while the lights are on. I know bettas come up to the surface to breath air but should I put an O2 stone in the tank as well????

http://s839.photobucket.com/albums/zz318/lostmyz/

here is a link to some photos of the tank
lostmyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 01:12 AM   #2 
scootshoot

There is a forum expert on CO2 setups using paintball canisters, forget his name. Anyhow from a discussion months ago I saved the link he shared. It's an interesting setup assuming you have a paintball shop near you.

http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/di...etup-tons.html
scootshoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 08:30 PM   #3 
Torat

I use a low tech CO2 injecter in my tank with the "Ladder" in the back. I got 'er at Petsmart, but make my own concoction of yeast and kitchen sugar with warm water for the "refills," if you will. It does well. It starts out slow, then I get a bunch of bubbles, then it slows down again.

I have this at the back of the tank, between the filter and the thermometer. I have an oxygen bubblemaker thing, but I don't run it nearly as fast as it comes out. Just a bubble every now and then.

You can kind of see it a little in the back. This is right after trimming, it's normally much more filled in. :}
Torat is offline   Reply With Quote