Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-22-2011, 12:17 PM   #1 
Bettaluver4evr

Ugh, at a crossroads...

I have a serious betta problem. I was at Petsmart a week ago to buy my catfish, and I decided to look at the bettas. (Of course, here we go.) They had a white VT female with blue/purple fins and enormous black eyes. She stole my heart! But I couldn't get her, my stepmom was in a rush and wouldn't hear of it. This poor betta was hidden behind a goldfish tank though! I called my mom and she said very sweetly that I was very blessed with my 3 bettas, and I really didn't need ANOTHER one. But, she told me to move the little white girl to the front of the store with the other bettas. So, I did, and I left. Well, I had to go back in 2 days ago to look at the price for Mini Bow replacement cartridges. The poor girl was still there! I took a video of her on my phone and a few pictures... I was literally bringing her up to the counter to buy her when my dad called and started yelling that he had been waiting for me for 5 minutes to come out of the store and I needed to get out. Now! My mom had said I could buy her if I gave one of my bettas away to my friend or a brother or something, so I was planning on giving Butterfly to my brother. He has a slight form of autism, so I though he might like a fish! He said so too. But, once again I was forced to leave the girl behind. I am trying later today to go back to get the filter cartridges. If she is still there, I don't think I can leave her again. She is so beautiful. And how rare are white VT girls? I just need a few extra dollars... I have a 1/2 gallon tank now, would that be okay for her temporarily? :)
Bettaluver4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 12:32 PM   #2 
Luimeril

as long as you keep up with daily water changes, the half gallon would be fine temporarily, imo. i've kept bettas in those until i could get them a bigger tank. if you love her that much, get her. :3 just keep up with water changes until you're able to get her a bigger tank.
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 12:43 PM   #3 
Oldfishlady

Dang...thats too bad.....I don't think a white VT female is all that rare.....but she caught your eye so that makes her special......too bad you couldn't get her.....I wish one of my kids would have taken an interest in this hobby like some of you guys......that would have been so much fun.......maybe your mom will take you to get her later......

And the half gallon will be fine as Luimeril posted...just keep up with the water changes
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 12:54 PM   #4 
Bettaluver4evr

I will definitely keep up with water changes! Hehe. And I know white bettas aren't THAT rare, but there was something about this lil girl... there were several young girl bettas kind of near her... 3 had finrot and 1 was dead. That was sad. I will do everything I can to get her! :) I can't believe your kids never got into how cool and pretty bettas are, OFL! That's nuts. The longest I've ever gone without a betta was probably 2 years, but I've only ever had 1 at a time, usually a blue VT. I've always liked blue VT's... Now I have 3 bettas, all different species! I am going to go to the gym near Petsmart later today and my mom gave me permission to get the little girl, so I am going to do my bestest and go for it. :) Thanks guys and gals! If I get her (which I really hope I do) I will post some pics. I think I will name her snowflake or ruffles... :P
Old 02-22-2011, 03:13 PM   #5 
Bettaluver4evr

The girl I love looks a little bit like this, except she has some speckled black and blue scales (possible marble!) and her tail is a light blue/purple. :) I really hope I can get her.
I'm about to head out, please wish me luck, and maybe even pray that I save her poor lil life. :)
Attached Images

Last edited by Bettaluver4evr; 02-22-2011 at 03:19 PM.
Old 02-22-2011, 06:02 PM   #6 
bloo97

D'awww!
bloo97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 06:18 PM   #7 
Bettaluver4evr

I got her! I couldn't believe it, she was still there, so I grabbed her up and took her home. I have her floating right now, poor little dear. There was a change of plan. Butterfly is now going to be my brother's betta! :) Butterfly is going to live temporarily in a 0.5 gallon tank until my brother gets him a bigger, nicer tank. But, he's very happy right now surprisingly! :P New fishy (still nameless) is floating in the MiniBow. I will post pics very soon! I'm so glad I saved her. She had once again been pushed to the back, it took me a minute to find her, and her fins were clamped... her fins look kind of big for a VT. Could she be a DeT? Pics in a few... :)
Old 02-22-2011, 06:26 PM   #8 
Luimeril

glad you saved her. sounds like no one wanted her. it's sad, how the prettiest bettas can be the most unwanted. D: that's how my new boy, Theo, was. he was there over a week, the one guy said. how could no one love him? D:
Old 02-22-2011, 06:34 PM   #9 
Bettaluver4evr

Exactly! I had never seen a white VT in a petstore, let alone a girl marble one! Here she is. Names? :)
Attached Images

Old 02-22-2011, 06:36 PM   #10 
Luimeril

Sprinkles. xD

i'm bad at names. >w> had to go to an anime picture site, and type in "White_Hair Male" to find someone who appealed to me, to name Theo(named after Theodore from Persona 3 Portable, a PSP RPG).