Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-22-2011, 01:17 PM   #1 
Luimeril

Terrified of the Camera

so, i've been wanting to show of Theodore, my new white HMPK boy, and show how his scales are on his body, and how his eyes are. but, if i get too near the tank, he freaks out, and darts around the tank wildly, bumping into the tank walls, splashing out of the water. he can see a bit, so i think the camera freaks him out badly. Dx he can't see what exactly it is, so it scares him badly. poor Theo. D: any ideas on how i can take pics of him, without freaking him out? i'd love to be able so show off his scales(since i think he's a dragon or part dragon at least), and his eyes, to show you all the white over them. ;A;

good news is, i got him a 2.5 tank today. :3 also, got one of those betta leaves, but the wire was sticking partly out of it. Dx i had to take pliers and rip the wire out, so it's not exactly stable. i tried feeding him, right above his head, but he ignored the pellets. Dx i might have to keep his tank bare-bottomed. Dx my poor baby!
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 01:40 PM   #2 
fleetfish

What I did with Murdoch, who was similarly terrified of everything outside his tank, was just to place the camera beside the tank so that he would get used to its presence. When he got used to it it would be time to take pics. It might take a few days, but it might work for your new guy.
fleetfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 01:53 PM   #3 
Luimeril

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetfish View Post
What I did with Murdoch, who was similarly terrified of everything outside his tank, was just to place the camera beside the tank so that he would get used to its presence. When he got used to it it would be time to take pics. It might take a few days, but it might work for your new guy.
Theo has trouble seeing. he doesn't notice food, other bettas, or even me. Dx i honestly don't think keeping the camera by his tank will work too well.
Old 02-22-2011, 01:57 PM   #4 
Oldfishlady

Sometimes you can use a piece of dark paper or cardboad and cut a hole in it for the camera lens and use it this way....sometimes it helps.....and sometimes not.....also as fleetfish suggested...place the camera by the tank so he can see it all the time......

They can be tricky to get good shots and sometimes it is the reflection from the lens and not a lot you can do......
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 01:59 PM   #5 
fleetfish

Maybe not use a flash, and use a lamp for light? I just skimmed over your post and didn't read that he couldn't see well. Sorry he's having troubles with his sight.
fleetfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 02:01 PM   #6 
Luimeril

i'll give those a try. x-X i really want pics of him to show everyone, and i hate freaking him out so much trying to do so.
Old 02-22-2011, 02:36 PM   #7 
Slipstitch

If it makes you feel better, my betta seems to know exactly when I'm trying to take pics and starts swimming around in lazy circles. Just fast enough that my cellphone camera won't pick him up well. >.<
Slipstitch is offline   Reply With Quote