Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-22-2011, 05:22 PM   #1 
Noko

Two fish with issues

I have a ten gallon heated tank that is divided into three sections.

First one: My betta in the middle refuses to eat anything. She goes to eat whatever I put in, then spits it out. I have tried Freeze Dried Bloodworms, some weird blood worm stuff that every other fish eats up, betta pellets, and fish flakes. She has been like this for months. Started a few weeks after I divided the sorority.

Second one: She is all the way on the left. No eating issues. She loves her food, and even jumps for it. She just looks like she has a tumor. It's been noticiable for a month or two. I noticed it when doing my yearly redecorating for my tank. I clean the whole tank out and run everything under hot water. Except for the filter cartridge. She used to have permanent stress stripes, but amazingly, they are gone now that the bump has appeared.

Third girl is in perfect health. She has eye issues since the other girls used to attack her when they were in the sorority.
Noko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 08:05 PM   #2 
PewPewPew

Can we get pics of said possible tumor?
Maybe remove the middle one. She may be stressed out or something. If you have one, QT her and try and feed her that way?
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 02:00 PM   #3 
Noko

I can't get a picture, but it looks pretty small. Her scale stretch out a bit, but it's no bigger than an eraser on a pencil, and it doesn't stick out too far. I would say it stick out a few millimeters. Not a lot now that I looked up some pictures of bettas with tumors.

Do you think it's stress? She was in the betta sorority and didn't have any issues. The only tank I have available is a 1 gallon tank that I used for a sick platy fry. My 1.5 gallon tank is being used by a tetra with a case of popeye that wont go away.
Old 03-01-2011, 02:29 PM   #4 
Noko

Anyone?