Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-23-2011, 09:43 AM   #41 
RiverStoneBetta

I've heard of Tropical World Pets, but never been inside. And I'm not sure of the store in Ellisville. It's been so long, not even my father (who got me into the hobby) can remember. I'll check them out this week.
RiverStoneBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 10:36 AM   #42 
Slipstitch

You know... I don't have a job at the moment... I'm pretty sure I could manage to find a way there... Maybe I should go have a talk with the store manager. Tell him I want the fishboy's job. Do the sales pitch of "you know, if the fish are properly taken care of, the store will lose less money from dead fish and will make more money from people wanting to buy them. I know what I'm doing, I'm responsible, and I actually care. Get rid of fishboy over there, hire me to come in oh, 3 or 4 times a week and I garauntee you'll see some decent results."

The temptation to pull that stunt is pretty massive. Unfortunately I'd have to dye my hair a color that isn't blue and green and silver I think. Hhhmmm...
Slipstitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 10:43 AM   #43 
bloo97

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipstitch View Post
You know... I don't have a job at the moment... I'm pretty sure I could manage to find a way there... Maybe I should go have a talk with the store manager. Tell him I want the fishboy's job. Do the sales pitch of "you know, if the fish are properly taken care of, the store will lose less money from dead fish and will make more money from people wanting to buy them. I know what I'm doing, I'm responsible, and I actually care. Get rid of fishboy over there, hire me to come in oh, 3 or 4 times a week and I garauntee you'll see some decent results."

The temptation to pull that stunt is pretty massive. Unfortunately I'd have to dye my hair a color that isn't blue and green and silver I think. Hhhmmm...
Go for it!
bloo97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 11:03 AM   #44 
RiverStoneBetta

We'll be in competition then. I'm job searching too. I'll have to cut my own hair though. I was actually on the "no-hire" list at the PetCo in Gravois Bluffs after one of the associates tried to sell me a pleco, assuring me that they don't get any bigger than 4 inches or so. I blew up on him and basically said that this store doesn't have any competent employees. I was waiting on my interview at the time, and the manager decided to come back from lunch at just that point.
Old 02-23-2011, 01:27 PM   #45 
bloo97

Ouch. o.o
bloo97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 03:12 AM   #46 
appledust

Quote:
Originally Posted by LolaQuigs View Post
Since there are obviously some fish people in the St. Louis area, why are the few local fish and pet stores we have all going out of business? It made me so sad when I found out Beldts closed in December, and Pet Market Place is closing next month. I really hate the chain stores, but that's pretty much all we have left!
I live really close to Beldt's and honestly I'm not really surprised they closed, although it is sad because I've been going there ever since I was a little kid, haha. But man, have you been to Aqua World? There's one on Gravois in the south STL area (I guess it's called) and one on Manchester in Ellisville, maybe the store that was mentioned. Both are decent but the Gravois one is awesome - they have SO many plants. A thousand times better than Beldt's :)

Last edited by appledust; 02-24-2011 at 03:15 AM.
appledust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 08:44 AM   #47 
RiverStoneBetta

I was just at the AquaWorld in Ellisville. I felt so relieved when I walked through the door, because I knew I never had to buy fish at a chain store again. AquaWorld was clean, well-organized, well-stocked, and well-maintained. The staff was knowledgeable and helpful. Their bettas were kept in compatible tanks, and all in great shape. I only counted 1 dead fish in the whole store, and that was in the feeder tank. I was blown away. The lady that showed me around said the Gravois location was probably even better.