Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-22-2011, 08:33 PM   #21 
ImpactWorship10

nice find! the petsmart in my city does not have much to chose from and takes horriable care of the bettas =[ every now and then you get lucky! the petco closest to me has all sorts of bettas, i love it!
ImpactWorship10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 08:47 PM   #22 
Bettaluver4evr

Thanks! Aw! The Petsmart near me actually takes better care of their bettas than the Petco near me. At Petco, the bettas are all clamped up and sad looking. Very lethargic. Sometimes you'll find a spunky one or a lovely one, but the rest... so sad! Their cups aren't even filled all of the way, more like half to 3/4. I love my Petsmart because the water is always filled up to the top and they don't usually have a ton of bettas at a time. I saw that they keep a ton of bettas in between the rows of fish tanks in the back though, maybe 30 bettas! That's where I first saw this girl. I'm so glad she's mine, she's so happy! :D
Bettaluver4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 09:50 PM   #23 
fleetfish

What a little sweetie! I'm glad you got her.
fleetfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 11:56 PM   #24 
Bettaluver4evr

Hehe, thanks!! :) She's sleeping right now and totally in love with her new home. Butterfly is fuming mad though, because he is now in a 0.5 gallon tank with only gravel and a plant... poor dear! I feel bad, but he'll be fine. His tank temp is 75 degrees, which is good, and his water is crystal clear and fresh. I'm hoping my brother will get him a filtered one gallon tank soon. :)
Old 02-23-2011, 05:17 PM   #25 
BettasForever

I second the name Isis! What a cutie! I'm reading this book and the girl owns a sneaky girl cat names Isis. Totally fits her. I NEED another fish. Just one more letter grade!!! :3
BettasForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 05:22 PM   #26 
Bettaluver4evr

Update :)

Marbles is doing very well. She decided she doesn't like pellets at all, though! She spits them out until they sink and she follows them down to the bottom like a curious goose, and then ignores it. Silly! She is eating bloodworms, I gave her a few this morning and after a little coaxing, she ate them. Did a partial on her tank too, and she got very excited! :) She's so spunky, she never seems to stop moving! :P
Butterfly is getting a big vase tomorrow, probably over 1 gallon. My bro and I both just feel bad that his tank is so small after he was in that great tank, so he is upgrading to the vase. I hope he loses his grouchy face! I feel bad, but I know this will work out eventually. It was either give Marbles to my bro (who wanted a boy fish), divide the 2.5 gallon (no supplies for that), give the girl the MiniBow and put Butterfly in the small tank (because I didn't want to give up my MiniBow) or buy a whole new tank (not enough money for a nice one.)
So, I was selfish and kept the MiniBow for me! :P
Okay, just wanted to update! ;)
Old 02-24-2011, 10:28 AM   #27 
Bettaluver4evr

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettasForever View Post
I second the name Isis! What a cutie! I'm reading this book and the girl owns a sneaky girl cat names Isis. Totally fits her. I NEED another fish. Just one more letter grade!!! :3
Is the book the Red Pyramid? I love that book! It's so great, I read it last summer. ;)