Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-21-2011, 10:46 PM   #1 
Lordsameth

Reoccuring Betta dreams becoming an issue

I've always had vivid dreams, and from time to time they get odd, or something happens that affects my day. Seeing as I deal with my fish directly before bed, they end up being the last thing I think about. I don't have a problem with the dreams... until now.

Last night I dreamed I was in town and saw this store with big bright letters saying "Betta". I was so excited, another store with Betta! Outside the store in a huge tank with the stunning Betta with fins so long I can't believe it could swim ( It would have needed a 5 gallon minimum to fit, anything smaller and it would be unable to flare) There were many kinds displayed on the outside of the store, so I went in. I got talking with the lady there, and it turns out she and a few others who worked there would breed Betta from time to time. I mentioned I was interested in learning, and she showed me some of the new breeding spawn. They were the size of my arm. She pointed out a couple she believed would be turning blue, but she mentioned they were too young to tell what gender they were, so it would be a gamble to buy them too early. Another man came in, and she asked him to show me the breeding set up. He took me into a back room, and we continued on until we were outside. We followed a trail, and came to this old abandoned looking house. He told me it was cheaper to breed the Betta in there. The inside was rather nice, but the only tank in there had three oddly colored goldfish. A whole bunch of weird people started showing up, and I began to get a bad feeling about it. I wanted to leave, but (somehow) he still had Biscotti and Macchiato, and i couldn't leave them behind. After much argument and a mini panic attack, I took a long pole and started to hit the guy with it. I hit as hard as I could, but he just laughed and laughed. Finally I hit him in the face, and broke his nose. He ended up bleeding down his face and front, and I took off running to find my babies while he ran out of the house. At the back of the house, he burst in a door and I got out my stick again. There was some running, and I was throwing cans and things were getting lethally violent.

Over two fish. In my head I tried to kill a guy so he wouldn't steal my Betta for breeding (who the hell steal VTs for breeding ?!?!?!?!?) I was soooo shocked when I woke up. I actually commit myself to murder over my Betta. Sure it was in my head, but it was soooo real.

Note to self: Feed fish several hours before bed.
Lordsameth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 07:51 AM   #2 
Duncan13

Wow, my dreams are odd too, but not violent. Sometimes I can feel pain in my dreams, but I wake up immediately after. Maybe thinking of bettas less could help?
Duncan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 08:14 AM   #3 
FireKidomaru

Do you have a snack right before bed or eat before you go to sleep? If so..(my mom told me this) that may cause you the weird dreams
FireKidomaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 09:56 AM   #4 
BlueHaven

That's scary.
But dreams are mostly just dreams, if it really meant something important you'd probably know.
They really can be random and weird and creepy. Sometimes they can be a mix of your fears, emotions, and random things you have seen, heard, etc all together to make something very bizarre.
:)
BlueHaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 04:18 PM   #5 
Lordsameth

It is slightly disturbing to think that in my head I'd kill for my fish.

I dreamed last night that Biscotti was swimming around in the kitchen. Or I guess flying. He'd perch on the spice rack next to the oven because it was warm there. LOL. If your Betta could fly around the house, would you let it?
Old 02-22-2011, 04:21 PM   #6 
Bettaluver4evr

Haha, I'm not sure! What an interesting question... I suppose not, because if he were caught or stuck somewhere I wouldn't know where to look! :P I'm sorry your dreams are so vivid and scary, but you know conciously that you would never kill another human for your fish, even though you love them. :)
Bettaluver4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 10:18 PM   #7 
Lordsameth

*evil grins*

Actually, I'm being faced with a tough choice. I'm moving across the country, and the people I am moving in with don't want me to have my fish. It is tricky enough moving them... I was wanting to wait out my Betta's lifespans before moving, but that would mean not having a Betta at some point. I think I'd die if I didn't have them, they both make me so happy!
Old 02-22-2011, 10:28 PM   #8 
Bettaluver4evr

uh-oh! Don't want fish even if they are yours, make you super happy and you'd take care of?? Tsk tsk. And no, don't die lordsameth! There will be other bettas! ;) Good luck with the move! Hope you can keep your guys and not have to wait for them to pass on.
Bettaluver4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 09:08 PM   #9 
dramaqueen
Banned

I think your dream is saying is that you're anxious about moving and being without your bettas.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote