Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-01-2011, 02:27 PM   #1 
Sweeda88

Weird Betta Dream

I had this dream last night that someone was keeping 3 Bettas in 1 gallon plastic tubs in their front yard, with dirty water. This boy was helping me do something to help them, but he dumped one in with another, and I freaked out and scooped the poor fish out. They had immediately started fighting. This dream was strangely part of a long dream, that otherwise had nothing to do with fish, except that I was a mermaid in part of it. I have the strangest dreams. One night I also dreamed that someone was keeping tons of Bettas in a cupboard, each in tiny glass jars with a plant. I was appalled. What weird dreams have you had about Bettas?
Sweeda88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 03:04 PM   #2 
TheKingsFish

Dream? More like a hallucination, as at the time I had pneumonia and a very high fever. I was sitting next to our (at the time) only betta, Hamlet, working on the final paper for a philosophy course on ethical questions surrounding the Holocaust when one of those massive coughing fits hit that make the vision dark and blurry. In between the sounds of emerging bubbles I could almost swear I heard Hamlet speak:

"You should take the syrup," he said.
"What?"
"It'll keep the one you're angry with away."
"What?"
"You heard me."
"No I didn't. You're a fish."
"And you're in a dangerous position. I can feel you from here. You're burning. Take the cough syrup. It will help you feel better."

Those words made me feel uncomfortable: for the last week or so I had had this recurring nightmare about Josef Mengele, chasing me around with a bottle of Buckley's (cough syrup), using those exact words after my lungs had finally gotten the better of me and I could run no further. I kept trying to tell myself that like the nightmares, this was just another misfire of an over-heated brain.

"Trust me. Take it. You don't want HIM to come back, do you? It's scarier when you're awake," Hamlet continued, as though he could read my mind. "Besides, the doctor at the walk-in said it would be a good idea to continue with the treatments you had already administered to yourself. And as much as you don't enjoy the form your unconscious has chosen to manifest, he's right. You can't deny what you know to be true."

The betta was rational as well as psychic...and right.

After following his advice, I eventually drifted off in my little pile of books with my computer still warm in my lap. I didn't wake until my room mate came home from work.

"Did you take a dose of medicine?"
"Yes."
"And I didn't have to pour it down your throat..."
"Don't get me wrong," I said, making a wry face, "it's still vile and it still makes me shudder, but I could swear I just had a rational argument with the fish and he nags me just as much as you do."

Seriously, if you do get sick, don't push it until you can go no further. I've learned my lesson the hard way and would hate to see anyone else go through that needlessly.
TheKingsFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 03:20 PM   #3 
RiverStoneBetta

I had a dream that I was driving to get a new betta on the highway, when a Tyson's Chicken truck cut me off and almost sent me into the painted cliffs. So I pulled out my map, pointed at it and ordered a double chocolate milkshake, which would have appeared on my life-sized replica of Jar Jar Binks. But I wasn't worried about it, because I was driving with my feet and the whisk was in my right hand, so I was perfectly safe.

No more midnight snacks for me, as you can see.
RiverStoneBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 03:21 PM   #4 
BettaHeart

wow now that is a one in a million TheKingsFish

I cant only say i have been dreaming about the fry for a week and a half and it mainly changes in which i siphon acouple that end up full grown in the bucket
but so far nothing too strange or "visionary" lol
BettaHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 03:37 PM   #5 
TheKingsFish

That was interesting RiverStoneBetta. It almost sounds like something out of Harry Potter...but where did the whisk come from?

Bettaheart: yes that was very odd, but by far not the worst. I have this unfortunate habit of taking better care of everyone else (pets included) than I do myself and it tends to get me in trouble.

Last edited by TheKingsFish; 03-01-2011 at 03:41 PM.
Old 03-01-2011, 03:41 PM   #6 
RiverStoneBetta

I don't know. The scary part is my grandmother can't find her whisk. (She makes custom cakes for a living.) And I have to go pick up and adoption sometime this week. O.o

And I understand the pneumonia hallucinations. I've had more than my fair share. I was deathly afraid of plants the whole time I was sick because I could "see" their roots growing towards me.
RiverStoneBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 03:52 PM   #7 
TheKingsFish

My advice would be to drive carefully, and if you see someone coming on your tail faster than they should be, pull over to let them pass (if you can). We don't want to be writing poems about you in the memorial section.
Old 03-01-2011, 04:59 PM   #8 
cjayBetta

I had a dream that I went to walmart(walmart here doesnt even sell bettas lol) and bought this cute cambodian female and was SO excited to bring her home! As I was putting her in her new tank i dropped her and she got sucked down the drain and I was so upset. Ever since that dream I have really wanted one!
cjayBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 08:29 PM   #9 
baylee767

Once i had a dream that made me sad )=

I sensed that Neon had more power than I ever realized and felt creeped out that anyone would keep a Betta in a tiny bowl when Neon would just magically make the tank suddenly change, like the gravel and decor, and made himself in the shape of a Betta or made a bunch of other Bettas appear in the tank and no one was fighting, they acted like regular fish. Except the fish he conjured up and turned into were either very sick or severly deformed )= like he made 5 silver HMPK's appear (himself included) and near the stomach was a dent that reached the spine.

Now I respect and, though it might sound silly, kind of fear Neon. I feel like there is something about these Bettas, like they hold some kind of dangerous power and only those who are kind to them will avoid their wrath.

Last edited by baylee767; 03-01-2011 at 08:36 PM.
baylee767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 08:53 PM   #10 
JaspersANGEL

RiverStoneBetta ur dream made me laugh so much, that's what happens when u eat before bed.

Once I had this dream/nightmare that acrylic fish tanks expire, and that my first tank's sprang leak's then the side's came apart so that I could bend it (u know like those moving boxes)..all with the fish and stuff still in them.
Water and decoration's were running down my dresser..one tank even came apart in my hand's while I was cleaning it.

Scary stuff!!
JaspersANGEL is offline   Reply With Quote