Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-23-2011, 06:33 PM   #1 
wildmagic713

Divider question?

So, over spring break I'm dividing up my 10 gallon. I'm making a homemade divider using the one thread with the plastic mesh and report binders.

I was wondering if anyone had any ways besides letting an actual plant grow over it to obscure the view my two new guys would have with each other. I want my tank to look nice, and we've always had awful luck with live plants, even the ones from the LFS.

Any suggestions? I don't want to clump a lot around the divider, I just want something that will make it less visible to them. I think I've figured out a way to make it so they can't jump the divider, but I want to hide them from each other.

Thank you :)
wildmagic713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 10:25 PM   #2 
wildmagic713

Anyoneeeeee?
Old 02-24-2011, 05:11 PM   #3 
Cravenne

Well..I've seen black mesh for sale at craft stores. That would fix the problem of them being able to see eachother clearly, since you're making your own dividers.

Otherwise you could stick a few silk plants in on either side of the divider to break up the line of sight.

To be honest, even the clear mesh that comes on the store bought dividers is difficult to see through. My boys see eachother occasionally and they flared in the beginning but they don't anymore. They are really more concerned about the rest of the things in their sections.
As long as there is something for them to swim through and hide in on their own side, even the 'clear' mesh would do just fine. Most of the time they do get used to seeing eachother, although it depends on the fish.
Cravenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 05:39 PM   #4 
Littlebittyfish

You could try doubling the craft mesh, honestly though I would be careful putting to much in front of the mesh because it might block the flow of fresh filtered water from getting to the other side of the tank.
Littlebittyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 05:41 PM   #5 
wildmagic713

Ah, works for me :P