Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-23-2011, 07:08 PM   #1 
LuxC

Fungal Infection problem!! Please help!!

Housing
What size is your tank?3 Gallons
What temperature is your tank? Currently 82F
Does your tank have a filter? No
Does your tank have an air stone or other type of aeration? No
Is your tank heated? Yes
What tank mates does your betta fish live with? No one

Food
What type of food do you feed your betta fish? Hikari Betta Bio-Gold pellets
How often do you feed your betta fish? 4 pellets a day (2 morning & 2 night)

Maintenance
How often do you perform a water change? 100% water change once per week
What percentage of the water do you change when you perform a water change? 100%
What type of additives do you add to the water when you perform a water change? Aqua Master - Ammonia Chlorine Eliminator

Water Parameters:
Have you tested your water? If so, what are the following parameters? n/a

Ammonia: n/a
Nitrite: n/a
Nitrate: n/a
pH: n/a
Hardness: n/a
Alkalinity: n/a

Symptoms and Treatment
How has your betta fish's appearance changed? My fish Rikimaru has white colony kind of patch on his forehead
How has your betta fish's behavior changed? hasn't changed at all.. his seems to be active and eats well... no change in colour or anything.
When did you start noticing the symptoms? last week
Have you started treating your fish? If so, how? I used aquarium salt but i don't know if i should do water changes more or add more aquarium salt.(i add 2 pinches of salt)
Does your fish have any history of being ill? He got poison when i first bought him and his tail was all ripped, then he healed.
How old is your fish (approximately)? 5 months old

Please help, i don't really know whats wrong with him and i think its fungal infection as there is like damaged part on his forehead and its white.. his acting completely normal and also eats well. Can someone tell me the guides for healing this Fungal Infection? Whats the water change i need to do etc..

The picture below, Fungus localed near his eye
Attached Images

LuxC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 09:37 PM   #2 
turtle10

In a 3 gallon you should be doing three water changes a week.. one 50% , one 50% will gravel siphoned, and one 100%. Also, lower the temp down to the 76-78 range. Is he five months old or did you buy him five months ago?

Unfortunately I can't tell anything from the photos, do you have any that aren't blurry?
turtle10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 11:51 PM   #3 
LuxC

sorry cant get a clear one, he keeps moving!
i've been trying.. i'll try explain it, it has like clear/white jelly-ish thing on the white spot near his eye.. it looks as if he ran into something and cut himself but i dont know if fungal, but when i put my light on him, its red and looks like someone bit him
LuxC is offline   Reply With Quote