Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-25-2011, 08:51 PM   #1 
Johnificent

List of products and price?

I'm trying to convince my parents to get me a bigger tank for my betta. Can you guys give me a list of gravel, heaters, filters, and etc. that a betta needs with its price. hopefully cheap and works well, to show my parents something that isn't expensive. LOL Help please?
Johnificent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 09:05 PM   #2 
Luimeril

Kritter Keepers(and their off brands) are good. the 2~2.5 gallon one is the best one, imo(i heard the five gallon can't hold it's weight in water), and it's just ten bux.

for gravel, i use decorative stones. i can get a big bag of them from the dollar store for a dollar.

imo, plants, heaters, and filters may cost you the most. cheapest pack of plants i've found, is a three-pack from walmart, for six bucks. D: not very cheap at all, i know.
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 09:06 PM   #3 
Johnificent

thanks for the help :)
Old 02-25-2011, 09:09 PM   #4 
Luimeril

of course, darling. i know how it is, to have to get best for your betta on a budget. if you don't like the look of the KKs, i don't know if every pet store does this, but you can get an empty 10 gallon for a few bux more. >3>

also, am i reading your sig right? 6 Comet goldies in a 2.5?
Old 02-25-2011, 09:11 PM   #5 
Johnificent

:O i know, ive been getting a lot of comments on that lately, my parents are strict on my goldfishes too. i actually only had one there, but then my parents saw comet goldfishes for sale for like a dollar for 5, and bought it for me as a surprise, i was kind of disappointed at the moment, but i thank them :O they think my goldfishes are happy though, so they dont want to get me a new one yet.....
Old 02-25-2011, 09:16 PM   #6 
Luimeril

tell your parents the goldies grow to be huge, and keeping them in that teeny tank will stunt them. show them these pics:

http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/a...sh_470456a.jpg

http://www.vyperlook.com/wp-content/...-gold-fish.jpg

that second one is NOT photoshoped in any way. your poor goldies are gonna die in that tiny tank. D: you'd honestly be better off giving them back to the pet store. i'm not trying to be mean, but they're NOT happy in that tank. sure, they're tiny now, but they'll get HUGE before you know it. i had one, in a 29 gallon, for 13 years, and he was well over a foot long when he died.

people are just worried about your goldies. why not return them, and put the betta in the tank they're in?
Old 02-25-2011, 09:17 PM   #7 
JKfish

You won't need a filter, especially in a smaller tank like 2.5 gallons. All you need to do is two 50% water changes and a 100% water change a week.

So, that just leaves you needing to buy a tank, heater, and decor (if you want)
JKfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 09:21 PM   #8 
Johnificent

oh, lol, thank you jkfish. @luimeril wow, that is excellent proof, i once had a 5 inch goldfish that died after 5 years...... i won it at a carnival LOL, it used to be in that tank.... i miss it.... thanks for the pics :D
Old 02-25-2011, 09:25 PM   #9 
Luimeril

i like looking at the huge goldfish when i google "world's biggest goldfish". your goldie was probably stunted. D: that happens with alot of goldfish, and that's why people say "they only grow as big as their tank lets them", which is partly true. they stop growing after a bit, but their organs don't. that's what kills them. D: my goldfish, Goldie(hehe), only passed, because my dad would go fishing, and bring home the baby bream or crappie or bass and plop them in there with my goldfish and Pleco. >.>; they both caught something from those nasty river fish and died. D: for six goldfish, you'd need.... almost a 100 gallon, and that's just the smallest tank. o.0
Old 02-25-2011, 09:26 PM   #10 
Johnificent

:O you just gave me a heart-attack LOL