Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-24-2011, 11:45 AM   #1 
Bettaluver4evr

Butterfly's new new home. :P

I got a new female betta 2 days ago named Marbles. I could only keep one betta in my room at a time, and my brother said he would like to have a betta fish. ("But not a girl!") So, I put marbles in my 2.5 MiniBow, and I gave Butterfly to my bro in a 0.5 gallon tank. Well, Butterfly was being a grouchy butt and he started tailbiting (which is sooooo not good because his fins were already very badly damaged), so just a few minutes ago I setup a 1-1.4 gallon vase with some red gravel and a silk plant. I don't have anything bigger at the moment, but I know it is at least 2x as big as the 0.5 gallon. I hope this cheers him up a little and makes him stop biting his tail! Here is the new tank and what his fins look like now.
Attached Images

Bettaluver4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 11:49 AM   #2 
coolcucumber

Why dont you put the girl in the vase, and butterfly in the tank? :D Im sure he'd like his original home. Its a gorgeous vase setup, nevertheless :)
coolcucumber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 11:50 AM   #3 
Littlebittyfish

I would make sure to get the little guy a heater.I love his colors!
Littlebittyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 11:59 AM   #4 
vilmarisv

Very pretty!
You should find a way to cover that vase or you might come home to a dehydrated betta on the desk :(
I remember his tail progress from another thread... hope he recuperates as quickly from this one!
vilmarisv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 12:00 PM   #5 
Bettaluver4evr

Thanks so much CC! :) I would have done that, except my brother reeeeally didn't want a girl betta and he liked Butterfly, and I love my MiniBow and I was selfish and didn't want to just give it to my brother and put the girl in the vase, soooooo I made the new betta blissful and my brother very happy and Butterfly mad for a little while.
Hehe, thanks LBF! :) I love his colors too, that was why I originally chose him. He's so beautiful! And already he's lost his grouchy face and is exploring and flaring. I have the Hydor Mini Heater, will that work in something that small? :)
Thanks a bunch Vilmarisv! I think he's pretty too! He's never jumped before and I left about 2" between the water and the edge of the vase. I really hope his tail heals too! :) But it's already healed loads, so I hope it just keeps going! :)

Last edited by Bettaluver4evr; 02-24-2011 at 12:04 PM.
Old 02-24-2011, 12:37 PM   #6 
iheartmybettas

I use a 25W Elite in my 1 gallon which works perfectly so I am sure the hydor mini would work with it having such a low watt. I would still keep an eye on the temp at first though.
iheartmybettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 12:46 PM   #7 
Bettaluver4evr

Okay, I'll try that, thanks! :)