Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-24-2011, 06:10 PM   #1 
fungambler

Spot on head

Well Cuite Pie is NOT recovering from the heater malfunction and has gotten worse. Now he has an orangish looking spot on top of his head. He's a crown tail with clamped fins that hasnn't eaten in a week. 2 1/2 gallon tank with light and heater (now at 78) and no filtration. He is still responding to me. I have been doing 50% water changes daily, and my pet store (privately owned) gave me a little antibiotic powder (turns the water a little green) to give him with each water change. He's a fighter, but he really needs help. I've only had him a year so I want to pull him through this.
fungambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 06:26 PM   #2 
demonr6

Can you possibly take a picture so we can see what this spot looks like? They really help out a lot. My Polo had hole-in-the-head, clamped fins and pretty much looked dismal but I QT'ed him and followed the advice of the more seasoned veterans on here and he is now much much better.
demonr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 07:59 PM   #3 
turtle10

If you never do a 100% water change the ammonia will keep building up no matter how many 50% you do.
turtle10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 06:02 AM   #4 
Lupin

Location: Lupin Information Super Highway/Goldfish Information Super Highway
Did they indicate what exactly this antibiotic is?
How about a pic of the affected area?
Lupin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 09:09 AM   #5 
fungambler

Sorry guys! I had a major e-mail and computer malfunction and could not respond. Ok, he does NOT have a spot on his head. But, it has been a complete week now and he is just lying on top of his tunnel, or his plastic plants. I have been giving the antibiotic, (still don't know what it is because my fish lady has laryngitis and can't come to the phone). It's yellow and I have been doing it 4 days now with a 50% water change. I also added non ionized salt to his tank, and lowered his water level to half. It's 2 1/2 gallon. He still will come up to me, will NOT eat, and just lays there. Let's PERK THIS CUITE PIE up. My other betta, is just fine in the other tank. Water temps are at 76 in both tanks. Thanks!
fungambler is offline   Reply With Quote