Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-25-2011, 10:07 PM   #1 
turtle10

Thumbs up Great LFS Betta Conditions

So I went to my favorite LFS Aquatek today to buy some bulbs and a few almond leaves. Unfortunately they were out of both, ughh.

BUT that doesn't matter because every time I go to see their betta section I get so happy! The smallest container they are kept in is those beanie boxes, and there is a LIVE plant in each. Some have java moss, anacharis, a small dwarf lily, etc. The bigger, fuller bettas for sale are kept in CYCLED 2.5 aquariums, each with substrate, a mini driftwood, and live plants. All the water is clear with no gunk any where :)

I am always so impressed by their care.

PS I saw a GORGEOUS violet/purple halfmoon butterfly male. So beautiful, I would have bought him but I have no room!

Anybody else have a favorite LFS with great betta conditions?
turtle10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 10:40 PM   #2 
Luimeril

PetLover's down here in SC does pretty darn good. :d yeah, most of the time the bettas are in cups, but they're cleaned DAILY, and they never push the "betta tanks" at you when you buy them. often, when they have more CTs than VTs, the VTs are kept in the tanks with peaceful fish. the fancier ones ARE kept in the half gallon divided hex things, but it's one betta per tank, never two in one. any more, all the tanks are clean, i've only see illensses once, and that was with some returned Supersized goldies that had ick, but hey were marked "not for sale".
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 10:43 PM   #3 
turtle10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luimeril View Post
PetLover's down here in SC does pretty darn good. :d yeah, most of the time the bettas are in cups, but they're cleaned DAILY, and they never push the "betta tanks" at you when you buy them. often, when they have more CTs than VTs, the VTs are kept in the tanks with peaceful fish. the fancier ones ARE kept in the half gallon divided hex things, but it's one betta per tank, never two in one. any more, all the tanks are clean, i've only see illensses once, and that was with some returned Supersized goldies that had ick, but hey were marked "not for sale".
Same, one of the tanks in there had three tetras and a pleco that had really bad ick, they were also marked not for sale.
Old 02-25-2011, 10:58 PM   #4 
Luimeril

we were thinking about getting one of those "dwarf Plecos", back before i knew better, for our 10 gallon. the cool dude there told us, that they were just normal plecos, sold as babies, to make more money. >.>; i'm totally in love with that guy. xD not only is he cute(;3), but he totally knows his stuff! he's the one who sold me Theo, and seemed a tad upset when i came back to return the 2.5 gallon KK, and told him Theo was partly blind.
Old 02-25-2011, 11:01 PM   #5 
turtle10

It is so great when you can find a fish store employee that you can trust, those are hard to come by, especially if he is cute ;)

That sucks though that people were selling "dwarf" plecos :/
Old 02-25-2011, 11:04 PM   #6 
Luimeril

aahh, he has the cutest head of super-curly hair! but, as the saying goes, he's probably taken. xD the cute ones always are. :d

dude, he could get in trouble if he were working some place OTHER than Pet Lovers. he actually told us, not to buy the puppy shampoo, but to go to the store and buy some blue Dawn dish soap to use on our puppy. o.o
Old 02-25-2011, 11:12 PM   #7 
turtle10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luimeril View Post
aahh, he has the cutest head of super-curly hair! but, as the saying goes, he's probably taken. xD the cute ones always are. :d

dude, he could get in trouble if he were working some place OTHER than Pet Lovers. he actually told us, not to buy the puppy shampoo, but to go to the store and buy some blue Dawn dish soap to use on our puppy. o.o

I am a sucker for curly hair, my boyfriend has curly hair, they are almost ringlets :)

Wow can you really use Dawn? I have five dogs, two of which are rather large, so shampoo gets expensive, plus I have to also buy conditioner for my yorkie because I am growing her fur out. If I could use Dawn that would cut costs greatly for me.
Old 02-25-2011, 11:16 PM   #8 
Luimeril

yep! the blue, regular Dawn! it kills fleas, and makes them smell good. :3 we have four dogs, but the three older ones are old enough to use regular doggie shampoo on. Heidi's just a teeny, baby Chihuahua, and we don't wanna use dog shampoo on her. he told us, to buy the regular Dawn, and she hated her first bath, but smells so nice, and doesn't itch as much. :d

ugh. he has the prettiest brown hair. <3
Old 02-25-2011, 11:28 PM   #9 
turtle10

I think I will buy the dawn. My yorkie is also super tiny, about 3 pounds, so a lot of the dog shampoos are pretty strong.