Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Art
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-26-2011, 11:13 PM   #21 
Bettaluver4evr

Yeah, I guess some authors do that... not me usually though! And most of the stuff was made up, the only true things that really happened were all of the tanks Hidey was put in...
Bettaluver4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 11:33 PM   #22 
Johnificent

hahahaha, LOL, i wish i could write a story about my history of my fishes, but my memory doesnt go that far... XD
Johnificent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 03:13 AM   #23 
xBUBBLESx

OMG i need tro read more the story is brilliant :D
xBUBBLESx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 07:40 AM   #24 
fishman12

That's a great story! I noticed that the whole thing was in 6 minutes or so, did you just copy & paste or write the whole thing that quickly?
fishman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 09:15 AM   #25 
Bettaluver4evr

Geez, I would be the speed typing guru, huh? :P I had written it beforehand in a word document over 3-4 hours or so. Then I just copied and pasted. :) I'm so glad you like the story guys! I had a lot of fun writing it... hmmm, I'll add some later. :)
Old 02-27-2011, 09:49 PM   #26 
TheKingsFish

The key to great fiction is to write things you know about. It doesn't hurt to base things a little on fact. I actually considered doing the same thing for each of my babies.
TheKingsFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 09:55 PM   #27 
Bettaluver4evr

Aw, thanks! I loooove fiction, but when I write, I always write some actual facts or true stories in there. Like... does anyone watch the TV series BONES? It's amazing! Well, there are books that some parts of the show are pulled from, and the books are written by a real forensic anthropoligist. She puts real facts into the books to make it more detailed and life like. :)
Old 02-27-2011, 10:11 PM   #28 
denaliwind

I enjoyed reading this. I'm sure many, many people can relate to this on some scale. I'm glad it had a happy ending. :)
denaliwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 10:18 PM   #29 
Bettaluver4evr

I know! I'm going to add more though, which might be sad... :/ Sorry if you hate the ending! It won't be too sad...
Old 02-27-2011, 10:45 PM   #30 
Bettaluver4evr

Ending... hope you like it, made me cry a little.

Chapter 11
Tomorrow… you know, I heard some humans talking about how bettas relate to humans… if a betta lived for 5 years, and if 5 years = 85 years for a human, a betta ages 1 betta year every 17 days! I was 3 years old and still kicking, thank goodness.
Sparkles died a week after my 4th birthday. He was 6! That’s amazing.
I missed Sparkles, but Dude and Spike and I stuck together and always tried to perk each other up.
Dude started moving more slowly though, and his fins were really weighing him down. The girl tried treating him and cleaning his water more often, but to no avail. You can’t treat old age. Only love can.
“Poor Dude” I thought as I saw him sleeping on his leaf hammock. “You can’t leave me yet Dude! We’ve been through so much… we’ve stuck together for forever! I need you. Don’t go, Dude, please…” Dude shifted a little and slowly lifted his head toward me. “I’ll miss you, Buddy. You’ve been my best friend for so long! I don’t know what I’ll do without you in heaven… I’m sure there is a heaven, though. I keep having these dreams, ever so wonderful dreams…” His voice trailed off… I started crying, thinking he was gone. “Don’t cry, I’m still here,” he whispered “I’m not going tonight.” We talked into the night and late the next day, reminiscing about our wonderful adventures. He didn’t move, just continued to rest and talk. I finally dozed off late the next night. The moment I woke up, I sensed an empty chill in the air. Dude was gone.
I cried all day and hid in my cave. I didn’t eat my breakfast or dinner. I couldn’t. Dude was gone. Dead. No longer on this earth. Dude, no…
The girl did a water change, and bought me a new cave. The sweet thing didn’t want me to be depressed. I cheered her up, swimming a little more and sleeping in the new cave, but I didn’t enjoy it enough. Dude was gone. He couldn’t enjoy the new cave, or talk about his new plant or say how jealous of me he was, even though he wasn’t. Death doesn’t allow it.
The next morning, I ate. Then Spike and I had a flaring contest. He won, the brilliant kid. He would be alright without me, I thought. He’ll have a new buddy soon… but no! I thought. I wasn’t going yet.
And I didn’t go yet. For 6 months more, I plowed on. A year flew by, and I was 5 now. Ancient in betta terms, but still I held on. I couldn’t leave Spike, I just couldn’t. No, no, no I thought to myself every night as I fell asleep.
I contracted fin rot when I was 6. My fins withered and clamped, and I had no energy left inside of me to heal. I ate all I could, and soaked up every bit of light and love and health that I could. But I was going, and I knew it.
Spike stayed up with me all of the time. I cried when I knew he was asleep, when he couldn’t hear me. I didn’t want to lose him.
The next day went by too long. I stretched, and yawned, and swam to the surface for a bubble of air and my favorite food in the world, bloodworms. I flared with all my might with Spike, knowing this was it. It was my time, and I knew heaven would welcome me into its loving arms and wonderful fish tanks.
My last earthly vision was of spike, sleeping on his leaf hammock. I saw his beautiful red face, his amazing fins, and knew he would live so much longer. I blocked my vision and rested, falling asleep. I drifted slowly upward, and I took one more breath, and sank into oblivion.
I opened my eyes wide, and saw a dream. The pocket of heaven left aside for Bettas was spread far before me. Tanks of any size, and color were spilled across forever. I floated and flew over them, picking décor and plants I wanted in mine, knowing I would choose one any time I wished. I noticed one tank in particular that caught my eye, so familiar… Dude. I hadn’t even seen him, but I knew he was there. I flew toward the tank and splashed in, for there is no hostility in heaven. Instincts are gone, and only joy is left. Dude!!! I cried and laughed and we swam together all day, and life was blissful. I couldn’t be happier, for time was gone, pain, suffering. Love, light and peace were mine forever.
My tank was perfect, obviously. It was placed right next to Dude’s and Sparkles was behind mine. We always visited each other. Always swam and played, and ate all we wanted.
Spike came in too, who knows how much time later. He was to my right, and man, he looked amazing! This was betta heaven, a group of beautiful fish in amazing homes with everything they could ever want, and their closest friends surrounding them. This… this is the dream life, and what awaits every good betta who passed with love.