Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-01-2011, 03:25 PM   #21 
amandiepants

i always research before hand and everyone on this forum has told me its okay. no one ever said anything about tank size. theres nothing i can do at the moment im doing all i can for him
amandiepants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 03:29 PM   #22 
turtle10

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandiepants View Post
i always research before hand and everyone on this forum has told me its okay. no one ever said anything about tank size. theres nothing i can do at the moment im doing all i can for him
But if you researched before hand wouldn't you have known that guppies are shoaling species that require a lot of space?

So people told you it was okay to get one guppy and put it in a 2 gallon with a betta?
turtle10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 03:32 PM   #23 
amandiepants

Yes
Old 03-01-2011, 03:36 PM   #24 
turtle10

I'm sorry, but I highly doubt that any member on here would knowingly recommend that a single guppy be kept with a betta in a 2 gallon. A 2 gallon only has enough room for ONE betta. Did you mention the size of your tank when asking for compatibility advice?

You said you always do research, but if you did research then shouldn't you have known the requirements for guppy care?
Old 03-01-2011, 04:05 PM   #25 
amandiepants

1) you dont know EVERY person on this forum. I did tell people the specs and i was never informed. It doesn't matter, please worry about YOUR fish. i'm sure they need something from you instead of this thread :)
Old 03-01-2011, 04:13 PM   #26 
turtle10

Um I never said I did. And you asked for advice, I was just giving you mine.

Either way, that person is misinformed on what guppies require.

But as you said, I will worry about my fish and not try to help anymore.
Old 03-01-2011, 04:16 PM   #27 
amandiepants

You mentioned that you doubt ''anyone on here'' would tell me this information meaning no one ever did. Like I said it doesn't matter now he's fine now, i wasn't ever asking for advice lol i was just keeping my friends updated. no one is perfect and everyone makes mistakes. it's part of LIFE: LEARNING! but thank you for your help hun
Old 03-01-2011, 04:21 PM   #28 
turtle10

Lol when I said I doubted it that doesn't mean no one said that to you, I just mean that I didn't think someone would give incorrect info like that. Lol

Anyways, glad your fish are good:)
Old 03-01-2011, 04:39 PM   #29 
amandiepants

Well it happens hon lol trust me. ive gotten advice that was totally bogus on this site and i knew better but i didn't take it to heart because like i said everyone makes mistakes and it's part of learning and everybody had to learn the tricks of the trade along the way
Old 03-01-2011, 04:41 PM   #30 
Oldfishlady

Good that you moved the guppy to the 2gal by itself...it will be fine until you can get better housing....guppies are not schooling fish so much as a social species...the most common keeping is in trios...1-male to 2 females....or just all one sex....male guppies can be sexually aggressive and stress one female to death...with 2 females this can give one female a rest on occasion...but those male can be busy little guys...lol....and if the male guppies doesn't have another guppy he will go after just about any species of fish in a sexual nature...lol.....when kept as a lone fish...they won't drop dead or anything but sometimes they will either become lethargic or pace the glass...their sole purpose in life is to pro-create(like all creature)......but they are serious about it....lol......

Lot of different way to keep fish and to care for them...its a matter of opinion often based on personal experiences-You do have general guidelines based on species natural habitat and general needs that can be met in a closed system

Research is important-but here again unless scientific based- you can run into lots of varied opinions from people with varied passion levels in the hobby that will express it strongly...like me....laffs......

Fish keeping is a great hobby to be a part of and you will never know it all...trial and error...learn as you go...move on......share what you have learned...remembering that what works for one may not work for another....being too strict and ridged with some fish keeping issue can sometimes take the fun out.......
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote