Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-25-2011, 08:53 AM   #1 
Loisp27

Betta Hammock

I saw a Betta Bed Leaf Hammock on a website and I was wondering if anyone ever heard of it, or has one in their tank? Thanks.
Loisp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 09:02 AM   #2 
RiverStoneBetta

I've heard of those goofy little things. I've never used one, but it just sounds and looks like a gimmick to me. If you get your betta a broad-leafed plant, he won't need such a thing.
RiverStoneBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 09:41 AM   #3 
Cravenne

A lot of people here have and use them. You can make your own with a suction cup, dab of hot glue and a nice silk leaf...

:)
Cravenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 09:51 AM   #4 
bamsuddenimpact

ive heard that the store bought ones have metal in them and lead to rust
bamsuddenimpact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 01:59 PM   #5 
Luimeril

i got one for my partly-blind HMPK, Theo, when i got his 2.5 gallon replacement tank(the 2.5 gallon KK i bought for him was cracked at the bottom. >.>). i was gonna use it, to train him to eat his pellets off it, since he wasn't able to see the pellets till they sunk to the bottom, then didn't recognize them as food till they sunk into the rocks. after getting it out, and looking at it, i noticed the wire inside it was visible! i took a pair of needle-nose pliers and ripped it out. now, it's just silly-looking. >.> all droopy. i'm thinking about "ghetto-rigging" it, so it sticks out straight and sturdy, with maybe some plastic and silicone.
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 03:24 PM   #6 
kathstew

Haha, I was thinking about making a thread about this, and lo and behold, there is already one!
I saw one at my local petsmart. I was thinking about buying it, but decided to hold off for a while. The reviews on petsmart.com for it seemed pretty good, but I can never trust those reviews! LOL.
Cravenne's idea of making one sounds pretty good, I'd recommended trying that, I am going to try it!
kathstew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 04:21 PM   #7 
LolaQuigs

I have one in each of my 2.5 gallon tanks. I've never noticed any metal or anything. There hasn't been any rusting either, but I haven't had them long. One of my bettas likes to swim underneath and rest on top of his. The other completely ignores it. Like I said, I haven't had any problems with mine (yet), but whether or not a betta will like it depends entirely on the fish.
LolaQuigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 04:24 PM   #8 
Luimeril

Theo doesn't give two licks about his. >.>; it'd help if he could see it, though. x3c he does like to rest on his one plant, though. it has wide flowers on it, so it does the same thing the hammock does, only better(betta. xD aahh, corny).
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 04:32 PM   #9 
briser

I made one myself, my betta always uses it.
briser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 05:26 PM   #10 
RiverStoneBetta

I have seen a female leap out of the water to land on a homemade hammock so she could get away from the male during my friend's first breeding attempt. I thought she was brilliant.
RiverStoneBetta is offline   Reply With Quote