Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-17-2011, 05:40 PM   #131 
Oldfishlady

Without having to go and hunt for all this information since I came in on this thread on page 12.......

What size is the main tank, filter, live plants, additives used, anything in the tank like shrimp, snails or other fish.....

What I would recommend you do.....once you complete the medications....I would put him back in his main tank and see how he does for a day or so before you start any other treatment...some of the behavior may be related to the QT container which is normal IME......

Since you live in the tropics you may not need the heater....slight varied day and night temp are usually not an issue for a healthy fish...

Main tank stats will help me help you get it ready and maintain it once he goes back in.....
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 05:50 PM   #132 
skywillig

My heater only turns on when it needs to correct the temperature, so during the day it rarely turns on, I wouldn't need to mess with it for that to happen...
But is it okay if it stays consistently at a high temp? 30 C.
skywillig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 05:52 PM   #133 
skywillig

Tank is 20 liters.
No filter.
No live anything else besides one Betta.
Old 03-17-2011, 06:03 PM   #134 
Oldfishlady

Great....5gal unfiltered tank....I would make a 100% water change and get it cleaned up and ready to put him back in it once you have completed the medications....and then stay on a regular schedule of twice weekly 50% water changes and 100% monthly.....

Be sure and do a slow acclimation back to the newly cleaned up tank....pour half the water out of the QT he is in and slowly add the dechlorinated tank water to the QT until full over about 20-30 min....this should get him acclimated to both the chemistry and temp.....net and add to his main tank...toss all the water in the QT container and top off the main tank with fresh like temp dechlorinated water if needed.......

Watch him for a day or so and see how he does.....keep us posted.....
Old 03-17-2011, 06:07 PM   #135 
skywillig

Okay, that sounds good, thank you!
Old 03-19-2011, 07:02 PM   #136 
skywillig

Okay, the tank is 100% cleaned. I hadn't done a 100% change on the big tank yet so it was kinda messy and I think the fish might be a little traumatized. :X
He'll be getting out of the QT tomorrow.

He had a little trouble eating today, I had to position the pellets right on top of his head for him to eat them... but he seems to be more alert than before.
Old 03-20-2011, 09:23 PM   #137 
skywillig

I just moved him back to the tank 3 hours ago.
He hasn't moved since. :(
Old 03-21-2011, 03:11 PM   #138 
skywillig

This was before the medicine:

This is after the medicine:

HE IS STILL INACTIVE!
Do he eyes look puffy or is just me?
Old 03-21-2011, 03:20 PM   #139 
Oldfishlady

His eyes do look a little puffy in the second pic...I can't tell much in the third pic......
I would do dome 50% water changes for a couple of days and see if that will perk him up...if not, he may need Epsom salt 2tsp/gal treatment again

Is he eating better......

I may have asked this already and you answered...but...how old is he or how long have you had him?
Old 03-21-2011, 05:49 PM   #140 
skywillig

I went around trying to find this salt but regular pharmacies dont have it. A vet told me to look if a manipulation pharmacy would make it for me, but they want to know a percentage? I cant find any info on that... maybe you could help.