Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-26-2011, 08:11 AM   #1 
Welsh

Elmo's Dying :'(

So yesterday I decided to clean his tank, as I do every week. I added some anubia's and anacharis which made the tank look the best it has yet and then I decided to add a stone that I had left over. The stone had passed the vinegar test and I made damn sure it was washed thoroughly before I added it but as I was going to bed, that's when disaster struck :( The tank was white, just like my 12 gallon had been and Elmo was acting very weird. I took him out and placed him in a tub but when I woke this morning he wasn't looking or acting his usual self, his colour was pale and he's just floating with his mouth out of the water I've had him for nearly a year, so its heartbreaking to see my little guy so lifeless especially as there's nothing I can do and he won't eat which is very unusual for him. I just feel like crying
Welsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 08:35 AM   #2 
thestompa

Try put some medicine. and Indian almond leaves. Maybe it can help.
thestompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 09:18 AM   #3 
Bettaluver4evr

Oh no, dear oh dear, that's awful! First, PM the wise OFL. Next, would you plse fill out the general infor sheet, I'm not sure where you'd find it, but you enter the size of the tank, conditioner, food, etc... it might help us help you! If you have any aquarium salt or epsom salt, that might help, you'd have to measure out the correct amount though. Was the water in the tub treated with conditioner?
Bettaluver4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 09:43 AM   #4 
thestompa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettaluver4evr View Post
Oh no, dear oh dear, that's awful! First, PM the wise OFL. Next, would you plse fill out the general infor sheet, I'm not sure where you'd find it, but you enter the size of the tank, conditioner, food, etc... it might help us help you! If you have any aquarium salt or epsom salt, that might help, you'd have to measure out the correct amount though. Was the water in the tub treated with conditioner?
Good advice.
Old 02-26-2011, 10:18 AM   #5 
Welsh

Well Elmo died a few minutes ago :'( I wish I had known that rock wiped out my 12 gallon, instead I thought it was the latex from the elastic bands that I added the same time :(
Welsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 11:42 AM   #6 
thestompa

It's okay Welsh. My fish also died a few days ago. He is Male halfmoon. It is all our mistakes that we does'nt know. My picture is my halfmoon that died a few days ago.
Don't be sad and we must improve our care about betta fish. Good luck.
Old 02-26-2011, 12:43 PM   #7 
Bettaluver4evr

Oh dear, no! OH man, I'm so sorry! He was stunning. Please don't give up though! Now you have learned from your mistake. I'm so sorry, but now he has his own bazillion gallon tank with every one of his favorite plants and caves in fishy heaven. :(
Bettaluver4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 03:36 PM   #8 
vaygirl

Aw, Welsh, I'm sorry. You couldn't have known it was the rock. :( So sorry.
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 03:44 PM   #9 
peachesxo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welsh View Post
Well Elmo died a few minutes ago :'( I wish I had known that rock wiped out my 12 gallon, instead I thought it was the latex from the elastic bands that I added the same time :(
Oh no :(
I'm so sorry, would you mind telling us what kind of rock it was so people on here can avoid the same tragic situation??
(Like was it a 'sedimentary' type rock? those types are filled with minerals that could have possibly harmed him, i think )
peachesxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 08:00 PM   #10 
Lion Mom

I'm SO sorry, Welsh!!! :(
Lion Mom is offline   Reply With Quote