Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-26-2011, 10:17 AM   #1 
gabetta

were can i find some bamboo and miniature budda's

were can i find these two items? been looking for bamboo but i have struck out. and the same thing with miniature budda's. when i get a few more paychecks. i hope t o be getting a few more betta tanks.
gabetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 10:25 AM   #2 
maycausedeath

Bamboo is not fully aquatic and will need to have some part of it out of water. Some people have had luck with finding it at Ikea, or stores like walmart.

For buddhas I know pen plax makes some, you can probably find them on ebay or at your lfs/petsmart/petco. They're small, with a sitting buddha that's 3-4 inches tall, and a smaller one that's just a head. It really depends on whether you're looking for traditional buddhas or chinese buddhas. Chinese buddhas are reallly common around here, with traditional ones being much harder to find in general.
maycausedeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 12:28 PM   #3 
Dragonlady

You can find the miniature sculpture at thatpetplace.com. I have seen nice tall pieces of lucky bamboo for sale at Lowe's and the grocery store. The leaves of lucky bamboo should not be submerged, but the roots and lower part of the plant can be submerged.
Dragonlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 12:35 PM   #4 
1fish2fish

I know places in Savannah that you can get bamboo. One is a place in the Oglethorpe Mall.. don't remember the name of the store. Petsmart also has live bamboo but like someone else said make sure your tank allows the leaves to stick out of the water or else the plant will rot and die. Sometimes Kroger has bamboo and also Homedepot or lowes

You might try Petsupermarket in the stripmall across from the Oglethorpe mall. They usually have a bunch of really cool tank decorations and I think I remember seeing a buddha there also.

You can also usually find stuff like that online.
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote