Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-26-2011, 11:16 PM   #21 
JeanLuc2

I am so confused now that I want to cry.

Turtle: I nearly got the 5 gallon eclipse aquarium thing but it was huge! I like the one I got, it's really cool. My room is pretty packed already with my stuff that I just would not have had the space for him.

Would someone PLEASE give me a solid explanation here? Should I not use the Pima and stress my poor fishy out by doing the salt and cleaning every day?! My fish HATES cleanings. I am beyond confused!!!

HH-EE-LL-PP MM-EE!!!!!!!!!!!!
JeanLuc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 11:17 PM   #22 
JeanLuc2

Also, should I unplug the bubble thingy that is sooo pretty while I am treating him?
Old 02-27-2011, 12:06 AM   #23 
JeanLuc2

I probably should have added this earlier but, my little Jean-Luc is not itching against anything. I'm not sure what he has but I know that his long tails usually are all purple. It could be something I just never noticed before but, I don't know. I just don't know and I am so bloody confused right now.
Old 02-27-2011, 12:09 AM   #24 
Thunderloon

The pima won't harm your fish unless you dump the whole thing in at once. Keep using it. I advise getting either Ick Clear or Parasite Clear from probably walmart. Couple bucks per box, do the water bottle thing I described by breaking a tabled up and dropping it in. Don't cap the bottle until the tablet stops foaming, then cap and shake it and let off pressure, just measure out about a fifth of the water height in the bottle as dosage for the tank.

Without a pic I can't diagnose it as ick but the parasite clear will clean off water lice and many other things.

Ick/ich is generally tiny little white pimples.

http://www.vet.cornell.edu/microbiology/FishDisease/aquaticprog/highlights/Ich/Ich.htm
Thunderloon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 12:20 AM   #25 
JeanLuc2

That link's photo DEFINITELY does NOT look like my little guy's spots.

Also, how will I know if the heater's made the water too warm? It feels like it's just a touch warmer than room temperature.
Old 02-27-2011, 04:20 AM   #26 
Lupin

Location: Lupin Information Super Highway/Goldfish Information Super Highway
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanLuc2 View Post
Also, should I unplug the bubble thingy that is sooo pretty while I am treating him?
No. Ich attacks the gill tissues. Even bettas will need every possible help to keep them breathing.

No more herbal med crap and everything else except salt when treating for ich. Dose a teaspoon per gallon of salt. Make sure it does NOT contain yellow prussiate of soda. Aquarium salt, rock salt or pickling salt will work just fine for this. Elevate temp to 80-84 degrees Fahrenheit. You must make sure your water is well aerated as both salt and heat will significantly decrease the oxygen level. Be sure to dissolve salt thoroughly before adding.
Lupin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 04:21 AM   #27 
Lupin

Location: Lupin Information Super Highway/Goldfish Information Super Highway
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanLuc2 View Post
That link's photo DEFINITELY does NOT look like my little guy's spots.

Also, how will I know if the heater's made the water too warm? It feels like it's just a touch warmer than room temperature.
You don't have a thermometer? Get yourself one internal thermometer. No stick-on thermometers.

Please post pics of the fish, if you are saying this is not ich you are trying to address.
Lupin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 07:04 AM   #28 
LolaQuigs

If it doesn't look like the picture, a picture of your fish would be really helpful. Does it look fuzzy?

I still suggest going the natural route with a salt treatment. It is very easy and safe for the fish. If it's ich. Bit before you do any treatment we should have a berr idea of exactly what the problem is.

Last edited by LolaQuigs; 02-27-2011 at 07:07 AM.
LolaQuigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 08:49 AM   #29 
tsoto80

I was gonna that tank but I heard many bad reviews
tsoto80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 11:21 AM   #30 
turtle10

Five gallons is honestly not that big at all, I promise. Is there anyway you can exchange it for at least a 3 gallon or even 2.5?
turtle10 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ich or no ich?