Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-08-2007, 10:56 PM   #11 
herefishy
Banned

I have never been a judge at any fish show. I am always an entrant. I do know it's all about conformation, general healthy(no split fins, ect) and usually the mood of the judges. There is some politics involved I'm sure. Unfortunate, but I'm afraid it's true. Many shows you can only show mature, full grown fish unless it is a catagory of family(motjer, father and fry) or juveniles specifically. Many judges are traditionallists that frown on anything other than whether the fish conforms to a traditional standard. In the case of bettas the only colors some judges will accept are reds, blues, or combinations or varieties thereof. They do seem to be loosening up some since many of the old timers are not judging and new blood has taken their places.
herefishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 07:22 AM   #12 
Falina

They were all beautiful however the last one, IMHO, was the prettiest. I also love bettas - I think they're one of the "prettiest" fish about and from my experience they are pretty peaceful with other fish, obviosly as long as they are not put with other bettas, but my betta is by far the mpst peaceful fish in the tank - he just goes about minding his own business. :)
Falina is offline   Reply With Quote