Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-27-2011, 03:34 PM   #1 
denaliwind

Little Speckled Dreamer

Hey all,

I'm new to these forums, however I've been a lurker for some time. I currently have 2 Betta fish, both of which I purchased at Petco last spring, I've had a total of 4 Betta fish over the course of the last 8 years.

Recently I've been bitten by the Betta bug again, but this time, not from a little pet store fishie. I've fallen in love with a little Halfmoon Plakat from http://bettafishstore.com/, he's the one in the picture below.

(Not my photo, not my fish, photo from bettafishstore.com)
I love his markings, and his little nose and those big eyes! *love*

I'm so tempted to get this little guy... but shipping all the way from Thailand makes me nervous! If any of you have personal experience with having a Betta fish shipped, please let me know! :D

... Of course, now that I've been toying with the idea of ordering a Betta online, I've been stalking AquaBid.com. I've fallen in love with Halfmoon Plakats and I want them all (but I know I have limits >.> lol)!

Oh, and let's not forget, here are my fish =P

Noonie, he's a bubble nest maniac! He's always tending to his little empty nest. :)

Chaucer

Anyway, nice to meet you all! ^^

Last edited by denaliwind; 02-27-2011 at 03:53 PM.
denaliwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 04:03 PM   #2 
LolaQuigs

Welcome, and very pretty fish. But reading your post (specifically your fish's name) reminds me that I really need to stop procrastinating on this Canterbury Tales paper I'm attempting to write.
LolaQuigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 04:07 PM   #3 
denaliwind

Quote:
Originally Posted by LolaQuigs View Post
Welcome, and very pretty fish. But reading your post (specifically your fish's name) reminds me that I really need to stop procrastinating on this Canterbury Tales paper I'm attempting to write.
Thank you :)
I'm a big fan of the Canterbury Tales... hmmm Canterbury would be a good name for a new fish! =P

Good luck writing your paper. ^^
Old 02-27-2011, 04:15 PM   #4 
PitGurl

Welcome! I'm new here too. Your betta's are beautiful. I currently own 1 HM male named Dharma. I've never ordered a betta online but there sure are some beauties out there. I spend a lot of time perusing aqua-bid.
PitGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 04:18 PM   #5 
AngelicScars

I love Plakats! Welcome to the board!
AngelicScars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 04:32 PM   #6 
denaliwind

PitGurl: Welcome to you too!

AngelicScars: I was always a fan of the more extravagant, large fins, but then I saw the Plakats and fell in love with the shorter, but still beautiful, fins.
Old 02-27-2011, 07:22 PM   #7 
denaliwind

Darn you AquaBid... I stumbled across this little guy... I love his eyes, that expression on his face and the imperfect pattern on his tail! XD
Ugh, so cute.
Old 02-27-2011, 07:28 PM   #8 
ds2009

I have a HMPK that i bought off of aquabid, he is soo cute. I have only had one betta shipped from thailand but it was a good experience and my little man came to me in perfect condition (and very quickly) I am sure any fish you would get shipped from thailand would be just fine ^^
ds2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 07:30 PM   #9 
PitGurl

oooo....He's handsome. There was a HMPK on aqua-bid a week or so ago that was white with red speckles all over it. I love some of the fancy and marbled colored ones. Man, I'd have bettas all over my house if I could.
PitGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 08:56 PM   #10 
JKfish

Welcome to the forum :D Your fish are stunning!

Well, I recently bought my first aquabid fish, and he arrived 9 days ago~ He arrived in good health and after a loooong acclimation has sense settled into his new tank and is happy as a clam.

So long as the person you buy from is reliable and has good feedback (if you are on aquabid), you don't need to be nervous. Along with that you need to make sure you choose a reliable transshipper as well. Jennifer Viveiros was my transshipper, and she's apparently one of the best (I'd have to agree with that general opinion). Linda Olson is great as well from what I've heard. Apparently Pegasus is a hit or miss sort of thing, so you might want to avoid him.

Just be aware of the prices, which go as follows for the breeder (transshipper fees will vary, but they are the same general concept):

To the breeder:
-price of fish
-5 dollar export fee
To the Transshipper:
- 2 dollar import fee
- 2 dollar handling fee
-5 dollar box fee
- 2 dollar heat pack (if necessary when cold)
- Shipping. These prices will range in price according to how many fish you import and if you choose priority or express.
JKfish is offline   Reply With Quote