Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-05-2011, 06:19 PM   #1 
Dexter1020

Female Tank- New

I posted this in Betta care but think it was the wrong place so I will post here and hopefully get some info

Hi!

I recently set up a 29g tall tank with a penguine biowheel 150 and a I BELIEVE a Current 30" satellite 65w smartpaq with the lunar light. I purchased the light a few years ago and it's been in storage but I looked it up and pretty sure that's it!

Right now I have some driftwood and fake plants and 4 real plants. I added a few betta bulbs with tiny little stalks growing so they will be plants soon.

I added 7 female bettas yesterday and today and they seem to be doing really good so far. I just read that I need a heater so thats going to be next on my list!

A few questions are: I want to add a few group fish, maybe ottos and either giant danios or a smaller danio, I really like the purple passion danios too. But it will be a few weeks or so to decide on that. Just wondering if any of those guys would do well?

How long should I wait to add a mystery snail? I would like to just have maybe one mystery snail and one or two striped nerite snails. Right now I have one small ramshorn that came with one of my plants. but I don't want to put them in too early if there isn't stuff for them to eat yet. What can you feed snails?

How many real plants can I get and which ones would be best for my light? I was thinking of mixing even fake and real, I don't really want to get a CO2 system for the heavily planted tanks but I want the look of lots of plants.

Any and all input is greatly apprecieated!

ALSO and good tips for camera settings ect to get good close ups of my fish??
Thanks!
Dexter1020 is offline   Reply With Quote