Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-26-2011, 11:27 PM   #1 
bettafish15

Question Finny not moving from heater?

So, I left for a day and a half (around 32 hours) on Thursday and fed Finny his normal amount the very morning I left. I made sure his heater was on and that his tank was at it's usual 81F. At night, it drops down to 78F normally.

I had to turn my room heater down before I left, so his tank temperature went down to 75F, which is the coldest I think he's been (except for whatever temperature he was at the petstore, he was a gift from someone passing through there who knew I wanted a betta and a tank).

Since I got back, I slowly raised his tank temperature and he seemed happy, but I noticed he hangs around the heater alot, even though his tank is at it's usual temperature, and at night his tank goes down to the normal 78F. Basically, everything is back the way it was before I left, only how he hangs around the heater alot. Like he doesnt go to his tall plant on the opposite corner of the tank as much, if even at all.

Is this just a leftover habit do you think? He eats normally and comes to see me mostly like he used to, 1 out of 10 times he wont greet me like he did before I left. Should I give him more time before I start getting worried?
bettafish15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 11:45 PM   #2 
peachesxo

He probably missed his heater and is soaking it up all he can now...
He should be back to normal soon once he knows it's not going away.
peachesxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 11:48 PM   #3 
bettafish15

Oh, I never took the heater out, it was still on in his tank, I just turned down my bedroom heater. Yeah, hopefully he learns it wont get cold for him anytime soon.
Old 02-26-2011, 11:50 PM   #4 
peachesxo

I know but the temperature still lowered and now that the heater is emitting his old constant temp he is probably drawn to it more than usual.
he should be fine and stop soon, when i first put my fish in to his tank he did that, he's "rediscovered" it now lol
peachesxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 11:51 PM   #5 
bettafish15

Quote:
Originally Posted by peachesxo View Post
I know but the temperature still lowered and now that the heater is emitting his old constant temp he is probably drawn to it more than usual.
he should be fine and stop soon, when i first put my fish in to his tank he did that, he's "rediscovered" it now lol
Ah, I see, sorry, it was a long trip and I'm still tired >.<