Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-26-2011, 11:14 PM   #1 
wildmagic713

They won't get off my back :(

I've got two halves to my life- horses and music.

I used to ride three times a week until one day over a year ago (About 1 year and 3 months) when I fell and got a concussion. I would've had to stop anyway because of money reasons.

I was blamed for a lot of things that I didn't do, so I left the barn I was at.

I can't find another barn that I'm happy with, and I'd have to pay for my lessons with my own money.

I really do miss riding, but things have changed for me.

Ever since I fell, music has taken over my life. I've gotten so much better at guitar, I've been writing more songs, and it's just become a bigger part of me than riding.

I'm dying for a new guitar, and even though it was hard, I finally made the decision- I'd rather have a new guitar than riding lessons. My logic was, I can spend $700 now and have a guitar that will last for years with minimal payments on top of that- new strings and guitar picks, or I can spend $700 over the course of 3 months and only ride that long.

I belong to another forum- a horse forum with a small group of us that left a bigger site because we were tired of the trolls. They won't get off my back about riding. They keep telling me I complain too much and I'm not trying hard enough and that I don't want it as much as I say I do.

I'm so sick and tired of it.

My current FB status is "The decision has been made (Unless Pianos 'n Stuff changes my mind/I find a reasonably priced used Taylor (The preferred option))- Dean guitar, here I come. Once I find the money for you."

One of my friends from the forum commented "Lessons...? D:"

I already informed her of my decision, but she won't lay off. Only one of them understands the whole thing and gets why I'm choosing what I am. She knows I wouldn't make this decision lightly and she's supporting me because of that. She gets how hard it is for me to face what happened and she's standing behind me for this, because she knows it's up to me. She is my "mom" so I guess she should understand :P

I just don't know how to deal with it- I'm a freshman in high school. I've got athletic requirements that mean staying at school until 5-5:30. I wouldn't have time anyways on top of homework. I have to go to track meets twice a week that usually last until 7 PM because I'm managing track to fill my credit requirement for freshman year sports. Music I can fit in, but a 3 hour trip to the barn, not so much.

Please help- it's stressing me out and I just don't know what to do.
wildmagic713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 11:19 PM   #2 
Bettaluver4evr

I am one of the biggest horse nuts that ever lived, and I never get to ride... but I am very good at it! I just don't/can't own a horse, and my favorite place for lessons stopped doing lessons. I haven't ridden in 7 months, but I do love it so much. Don't feel bad, you are making the right decision. Don't let other people pressure you until you do something you wish you hadn't and are upset about it. Riding is wonderful, but you can listen to music every moment of your life and it is just as great. :)
Bettaluver4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 11:22 PM   #3 
wildmagic713

I'm a horse nut too :P Honestly, I'm still fighting with myself about the whole thing, but I know that I'm going to go for the guitar in the end- today I was out with my friend and we stopped in at Guitar Center and I tried a Dean and it made me so happy. Plus, riding just won't be the same anymore. I can't ride my old lease horse, and I can't ride with my old (and favorite) trainer anymore- there's nowhere she can teach me without me owning my own horse.

I'm not giving it up forever- just until I can drive, because then I'll have more options. It's only another year and a half until I'll have a license.
Old 02-26-2011, 11:29 PM   #4 
vaygirl

Do what makes you happy and the hell with what others think. That's the secret of a happy life. :)
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 12:08 AM   #5 
dramaqueen
Banned

+1 what Vaygirl said. It's your life and you should do whatever you feel you need to do. You can always pick up riding later in life if things work out so you can and you want to. When people bring it up tell them you're not discussing it with them. Tell them the subject is CLOSED.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 12:39 AM   #6 
wildmagic713

I just talked to two of my friends about the whole thing. The one I mentioned before, and another one who used to go on this forum but left because she was tired of the people. They both understand my decision.

They agree that I'm doing what's right for me right now, and that I can always pick it up later. My friend that I mentioned (Her name is Brenna) told me that I should follow my heart, because that's what will make me happiest. She always seems to get it.

And that's what I'm doing. I just have this feeling- I can't describe it, but it's there- that this summer and this year in general and this decision are going to change my life, and that it's going to be something good.

As Taylor Swift said (She's my biggest role model and favorite artist) "Back then I swore I was gonna marry him someday but I realized some bigger dreams of mine..... I've found time can heal most anything and you just might find who you're supposed to be" I have realized my bigger dream at the moment- that dream is to make something out of music. And I've started to figure out who I am. I'm a lot simpler than I ever thought I was, and I'm a girl with a musical heart.
Old 02-27-2011, 09:10 AM   #7 
Bettaluver4evr

God bless you!!! I love Tay Swift, she's amazing, know all of the words to her new album for every song... anyway, I'm so glad you are feeling better. I've gotta feeling that you will go far. ;)
Bettaluver4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 10:11 AM   #8 
Lupin

Location: Lupin Information Super Highway/Goldfish Information Super Highway
Taylor Swift! She's quite inspirational, better than most singers today I'd say!
Lupin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 10:26 AM   #9 
dramaqueen
Banned

I'm glad you're feeling better about your decision. When you make it big, please remember your forum friends. lol
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 11:48 AM   #10 
Feral

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildmagic713 View Post

As Taylor Swift said (She's my biggest role model and favorite artist) "Back then I swore I was gonna marry him someday but I realized some bigger dreams of mine..... I've found time can heal most anything and you just might find who you're supposed to be" I have realized my bigger dream at the moment- that dream is to make something out of music. And I've started to figure out who I am. I'm a lot simpler than I ever thought I was, and I'm a girl with a musical heart.

But you see, you ARE who you're supposed to be Take it from an old goat, peer opinion is mostly a test of your own will- people will try to mold you to justify and validate their own choices...

Last edited by Feral; 02-27-2011 at 11:50 AM.
Feral is offline   Reply With Quote