Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-27-2011, 01:50 PM   #11 
wildmagic713

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
I'm glad you're feeling better about your decision. When you make it big, please remember your forum friends. lol
Bahaha like I'd forget the people who, one, support my decisions, and two, saved my fishy from popeye :P

Haha :)

Yeah, I love Taylor. My friend Sarah and I are doing some crazy planning for the concert we're going to, including showing up at 8 AM.

I know the words to all her songs and I can play pretty much all of them on guitar :P She has a bigger vocal range than I do- I'm working on that :P I have all the music books for her albums for the piano :) Her music makes me happy.

And it's not that I'm not who I'm supposed to be, because I am. I'm just figuring out exactly what that means for me :P
wildmagic713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 02:54 PM   #12 
Abby

i know what you going through kinda. I own my two horses and theres not a barn for riding instructions in sight. Ive been riding since i was 3 and currently have a 26 yr old arab X quarterhorse gelding, Taj Mahal(grey) and a three year old thoroughbred x stock horse colt, Luckys little bandit, who i rescued pretty much off an ill tempered 16 yr old wanna be thinks he knows it all.

my colts been through hell and back and is the QUIETEST animal ive worked with, the first time i got on him he just stood there, my bf led him forward and he didnt buck or pigroot or anything. after i post this ill post pictures

My Issue is both horses live at the farm i have no license so can only go out once ever month or so if were not busy, but the colt needs more time then that.
i have a few options.
1) break him slowly and let him live happily at the farm with my other horse
2) price getting a friend (who breaks horses) to break him
3) break geld and sell him
4) geld break and keep

i havent decided if ill geld him its a possiblity.
if i were to sell him un gelded and unbroken id get maybe 1,000 if i break him and geld him id get 3,000 give or take.

but i dont want to sell him i mean this is the freindliest horse, he comes when i whistle he doesnt stop till hes almost about to run into me and he musters cattle BETTER then any dog ive seen
(i had to split two herds one day and thhat involved yarding the mob, i trotted taj to the top of the hill the cttle were in the scrub in the valley and the colt RACED off down the hill (were talking a steep almost vertical downward at a gallop) and brought the entire mob out, everytime i raced to cut a cow off, the colt came outta nowhere and beat me to it. there was a man standing by the yards directing the cattle into the yards with poly pipe and the colt went into the yards and held the cattle back he was walking and trotting across them to hold them back, i went in to cut out a red horned steer and the steer escaped OVER(ended up removing the gate from the hinges) and the colt was dead on his heels. i was shocked at his skills hes going to be a great cow horse.)
Abby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 03:30 PM   #13 
Abby

Picture time (the grey is taj and bay is bandit)

First time bandit ever had a rider, pic taken just after mounting

Bandit when he stopped looking all leg and started filling out

I am 5 foot tall, this was taken 2 xmas's ago (not the christmas just been the one before)

Taj is a physcopath, jumping he leaps over the jump from like 2 meters away and leaps to clear a 4 foot jump when its really only a foot high, he also likes to take the small jumps pretty much in stride leaps it and gallops off haha.
here is taj all excited trying to tear the reins out of my hand to go racing off up the paddock
(yes he is orange. no its not natural, hes a grey horse that loves to roll in red dust/dirt/mud and has a orange coat through most seasons. lol)

Yet he is also very quiet. this is rachelle, she learnt to ride on my shetland (R.I.P) and taj to the point she could wander the (enclosed) yards of both our houses in just a halter/lead

(i saddled him a few months ago and put my almost 3 yr old neice on him for 20 minutes of plodding up and down the drive because she wanted to see the horses but she gets freeked when they get too close, auntys next idea, throw her in the saddle and lead her around (her held by the thigh ofcourse)
taj when he was kinda clean:

I dont think i could break this friendship up, where one horse goes the other DEMANDS to follow:

very elegant looking taj lol

taj loves a little mummy and him time

I love my lads im going to be seeing them this week i have to book the farrier :)
Old 02-27-2011, 04:12 PM   #14 
dramaqueen
Banned

They're beautiful!
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 05:05 PM   #15 
Abby

I spend so long on ground work that i am happy to walk up flick a bag about the horses head and blindfold him and walk him around. i need to be abe to trust these animals with my life, which i do verytime i saddle up. i mean 600+ kilo of scared animal can cause a lot of damage, i like to know if my horse freaks out i can calm him down easily and uickly so neither of us get hurt.
im very proud of my boys.
Old 02-27-2011, 08:51 PM   #16 
Pekemom

They are just beautiful animals!!!! You are so lucky!! And they're lucky to have you, too. I really enjoyed looking at these pictures, Abby..
Pekemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 03:48 AM   #17 
Abby

thanks Pekemon, i have a habbit of overloading pictures -blush-
Old 03-01-2011, 08:36 AM   #18 
gmd1800

Love these horses! I haven't been able to ride much since I started college, and it feels like the only time I get to ride is when I visit home, which, frankly, only happens twice a year as I live nearly a thousand miles away from college. It was a tough decision to stop showing and training. Once you get bit by the horse bug, you have it for life, methinks.

OP - whatever decision you make, it's your decision. Nobody should be able to tell you what to do or make you feel bad about it. I know if I had to give up horses permanently, I'd be really distressed about it but if that's truly how you feel, then who are people to stop you?
gmd1800 is offline   Reply With Quote