Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-28-2011, 05:21 AM   #21 
baylee767

Oh, I made sense? Hooray! But then height factors in...
baylee767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 05:23 AM   #22 
Slipstitch

*nod* o.o this tank is going to be amazing... I'll measure the gallons when I fill it up. ^_^
Slipstitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 05:29 AM   #23 
baylee767

I'd get about 20 more females for your tank and other fish besides Lol.
Old 02-28-2011, 05:30 AM   #24 
Slipstitch

Oh my god... I had planned on breeding a couple of my fish a while down the road... I might not have to actually get rid of all the babies! o.o Holy wow. I can't wait to see how much water this baby's gonna hold!
Old 02-28-2011, 05:55 AM   #25 
baylee767

Well, if you want the fry to live together (male and female) after your months of research, raise the fry with the father. Then again the fry might breed if that happens...
Old 02-28-2011, 05:57 AM   #26 
Slipstitch

I totally plan on keeping the males and females separated. Random baby fry happening does -not- need to happen, lol.
Old 02-28-2011, 06:51 AM   #27 
BlueHaven

Cool, this is a good idea.
Makes me want to go out and build a tank too...lol
:D
But best of wishes to getting it done!
I'd like to see pictures of it too when it's done, it sounds like it's going to be awesome!

I was wondering....while on the topic of building something, do you know if a tank that has a small crack in it and a crack on part of the rim (that holds it together) is salvagable?
I don't want to be interupting your thread so just ignore this question if you don't want to answer it, lol
:)
BlueHaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 10:23 PM   #28 
bahamut285

This sounds like a really cool project, I was thinking of doing something similar, but I'm absolutely useless with DIY... hahaha

Anyway, for a 60"x33" tank:

If you make the height 12": It will be 23760 cubic inches, which is just over 100 Gallons

If you make the height 15": It will be just under 130 Gallons

If you make it 6" as baylee767 suggested: 50 Gallons

That's a lot of fish! I bet your girls will be very happy in that :D...I definitely want to see pictures of this!
bahamut285 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 03:11 AM   #29 
Slipstitch

So, after a while of thinking about it, I realized something. I'm not going to be living here for the rest of forever and my next home may well not have any way for me to get a tank of that size in. Therefore I'm going to create some 30 gallon long tanks. Might end up being a bit more due to height, but yeah. I need to make sure there's some depth to it though because of some plants I've decided I want. Thinks like that flame moss stuff and some lillies and a few other pretties besides. I want to make sure it's deep enough for both fish and plants, lol. I'll probably make a few, about a yard long and maybe a foot and a half deep by say 2 feet wide? Maybe 3 feet. Not entirely sure yet. But this will head off all sorts of problems, like moving it, wondering if it's too heavy for the floor, stuff like that. Also, if I can get help to get it done, I want to clean out and spider proof the basement. The basement, btw, is not at all a bad place for my fish, it's often several degrees warmer than the upstairs! Lol. Plus I'd have SO much more room for the awesome things I'm plotting. ^_^
Old 03-16-2011, 03:13 AM   #30 
Slipstitch

Also thinking about seeing if I can find a way to make the plexiglass or real glass "collapsible" that way when I move, I can just fold it up and take apart the frame and move. Need to know safe ways to do that though.