Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-28-2011, 06:07 PM   #1 
appledust

Three Male Bettas Up for Adoption

Due to sudden, unexpected circumstances beyond my control, Iíve come to the realization that I must re-home three of my fish I wonít have space for. I know that by posting here Iím most likely guaranteed theyíll go to loving homes, so that makes me feel good about this. I live in St. Louis, and to be honest I donít really feel comfortable shipping, so I would prefer you to be within 6 hours of me. Closer is always better, but Iím willing to drive up to 3 hours to meet you, or drop off if absolutely necessary, etc. And of course if youíre near me, pick up is definitely not ruled out!

I should mention that Iím not completely against shipping; itís just something Iíve never done myself and, well, it freaks me out a lot more than driving them :) Iím flexible and would be happy to work something out.

Anyway, here are the fish and a little info about their health. I have many more pictures if anyone would like to see; just PM me or say so here.

Loki
White DT/HM (labeled delta), purchased from Petco in December 2010
Has always been active and healthy, never sick. His head/ĒnoseĒ is shaped a little strangely, but itís never bothered him so Iím not concerned with it. I suspect he may be a HM but I havenít put a mirror near him enough times to confirm it. He has some gold and blue iridescence that is quite pretty.

Bartleby
Copper DT/HM (labeled delta), purchased from Petco in December 2010
Also always been active and healthy, never sick. I suspect that he might be a HM too but havenít confirmed it. Heís really cute and curious.

Julius
Red VT, purchased from Petsmart in December 2010
He is active and healthy now; had one bout with suspected columnaris over a month ago. Fully recovered. Bites his tail occasionally, and quite recently tore a lot of it off. :\ But, otherwise, heís completely normal and healthy. His fins are really beautiful and once they grow back heíll look wonderful. Heís also quite macho and likes to jump for food :)

I also have a blue dragon HMPK that I may have to re-home as well once he recovers from popeye.

So yeah, please express interest here. The main factor for me is how close/far away you are. Iím really hoping to find homes for all of these guys :) Thanks for looking.
appledust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 06:31 PM   #2 
RiverStoneBetta

I'm in Pacific, MO, so I'm within at maximum 2 hours' drive from you. I've got a 5.5 gallon ready to go, and another betta maniac to fawn over them. =] I can only take one, however. And I'm leaning for Bartleby, just by sheer looks.
RiverStoneBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 08:09 PM   #3 
tokala

I am all the way in Colorado, however if you find yourself in a bind and are open to shipping, I would take Loki in a heart beat (or any of them :)! I have a 5G that I will be moving Siku into after he is done with his medication and gets a little bigger which would open up my 2.5G (or Siku will stay and the 5G is open) Either way, let me know if you get in a bind!
tokala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 08:47 PM   #4 
LittleNibbles93

I'm in Kentucky, about 5 hours. But I know my mom won't drive halfway just for a fish, while I would if I could.

I have a 1.5 empty and ready for a new resident.
but I'm sure there's someone closer then me who has a better tank then that for Julius.

The three boys are all pretty :)
LittleNibbles93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 08:53 PM   #5 
bamsuddenimpact

I would totally take loki if i wasnt all the way in NH. :\
bamsuddenimpact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 11:25 AM   #6 
Goomba3

I'm on the Mississippi in Wisconsin and can't get to you, but if you're willing to ship I'd take Loki in a heartbeat.
Goomba3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 03:50 PM   #7 
appledust

RiverStoneBetta, tokala, LittleNibbles93 and Goomba3, I will PM you guys :)
Old 03-01-2011, 06:58 PM   #8 
GienahClarette

I live in Saint Louis. I don't think I would be able to take another fish permanently. But, I could look after any of them temporarily until you find them permanent homes. PM me.
GienahClarette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 09:27 PM   #9 
JaspersANGEL

I'm way over in ON so I'm nowhere near u. But if I was closer and had room..I'd def. take one. =]

Good luck on finding them good home's!
JaspersANGEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 06:52 PM   #10 
appledust

I just wanted to update this and say that I have fortunately found homes for all three of these boys! Thank you so much guys, it makes me so happy to know they'll be going to great homes :)

As soon as my HMPK recovers and stays stable, I will make a decision and definitely post here if I choose to rehome him. You are all awesome =D