Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-28-2011, 11:52 PM   #11 
Pekemom

The sand looks really pretty - but sounds like it's a bit more maintenance..I like the look of the rocks on the sand. Very nice!
Pekemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 02:41 AM   #12 
vilmarisv

I LOVE how your sand looks!!!
I have wanted sand on my tanks for a long time.. I think it looks amazing!
The last time I redid my tanks I forgot and got gravel again :(
I remembered weeks later when I went to my sister's and my nieces were playing in their sandbox... but my tanks were cycled by then and I'm NOT taking them apart now.
vilmarisv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 06:32 PM   #13 
Littlebittyfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by toledoll View Post
When doing water changes with sand will the vacuum suck it up?
I usually just use airline tubing to spot clean my sand. I hover the tube 1-2 inches away from the sand and it usually picks up anything laying on the surface. It picks up a little bit of sand sometimes, but it's minimal.
Littlebittyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 11:50 PM   #14 
misamiania

I apologize now for the blurry picture. I don't know why it's so blurry but it might have to do with I dropped my phone today >> hmmm. ANYWAYS! :D

Went to the pet stores today. woho! Super excited. Got some plants for my 1.5 gal planted tank. Only thing I'm going to have in there is plants to see how I do. Well, that and some ghost shrimp lol. They're highly entertaining. And ghost shrimp should be okay in a 1.5 right? They're the only thing in there. Either way they are spoiled with dwarf hairgrass, hornwort, and a moss ball. Thing is the size of a gold ball! :D

Anyways, the real reason. My 5 gal. Got sand! I would have prefered white but play sand is what I got, much cheaper. You can't see it because the water it still seddling but in the bottom right where there's some white stuff (it's gravel) there's a betta log that I found. So Enjoy!

misamiania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 11:54 PM   #15 
misamiania

Looking at it now from a different view lol, as in the picture. I think I'm going to switch the plastic plants around. Put the tall spiral ones in the middle and clump the others around it more.
Old 03-02-2011, 02:37 AM   #16 
scootshoot

Tank looks great, nice job!
scootshoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 05:36 PM   #17 
iheartmybettas

I have 9 of these tanks and just love them. I did not use the decorations that came with it either but other than that they are perfect and so inexpensive. I just ordered my 10th today to make it a round number! :)
iheartmybettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 05:40 PM   #18 
misamiania

I ended up swapping it out. I found a betta log at the pet store so I decided I would use that! I'll try and get better pictures up. I even added some plants! Not alot but just a little. I have so much hornwort though I don't know what to do with it. The lady at the pet store was like "we just got some in" so I said sure. She just reached in and grabbed a clump. An the dwarf grass ( <3 <3 <3 x30 bazillion ) I'm having fun playing with lol. Most of it is in my planted 1.5 gal only tank, I lied there's 4 ghost shrimp in there, and I can't wait till it takes over!
Old 03-02-2011, 06:11 PM   #19 
misamiania

Here's the log down in the bottom right corner. You can see little pieces of dwarf hairgrass. (excuse the dirty tank :"> it's been doing alto of renovation the last couple days lol)

I rearranged the plastic plants in the background. And you can see a small bit of hornwort. I didn't want to live plant stock this one alot, just a little bit enough to see how things go. The black thing I got from an idea of another member here on the forum. Though I changed it up a bit.

TADA! An here is my new tank (ignore the cycling sock lol.)

Old 03-02-2011, 06:13 PM   #20 
misamiania

haha I just now realized you can see the lid of Zebo's temporary home in the picture x3. He's chillin with the extra hornwort I don't know what to do with. So I put it in there with him so he has a maze of plants to go through.