Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-05-2011, 04:52 PM   #21 
Moldau

I may or may not be able to go to either of those places during spring break. If you go, let me know if you find any good stores!
Moldau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 11:58 PM   #22 
luvmybetta

Location: When you read my Threads, Posts, Replies, they are being sent from Kansas...Yes, I do have a Toto.
Well, I am sorry to hear that Sea Dreams is closed. After looking at the entire selection in Wichita that is where I purchased all of my fish and most of my equipment. Wichita doesn't seem to have a lot to choose from, anymore. The last time I was at The Aquarium In Old Town they were mainly a Saltwater Store. They had some tanks and equipment. Well this is what I found and know: Guptons (by McConnell Airforce Base), Very good store back in the 90's. Their staff knew what they were doing as far as fish, tanks, equipment, etc. They used to sell just birds and fish and all of the accompanying equipment for each. They branched out into dogs, cats, hamsters, gerbils, and rabbits. This generated more "foot traffic" for them because people would bring their kids to see all of the animals. I haven't been to Guptons in at least seven years. You might want to check them out just to see how their store is now. There is another store in Derby called Tails and Scales. You might want to check them out. The last time that I visited that store they just sold Fish and Reptiles and of course, equipment. I have to drive to Emporia for the nearest specialized fish store and that is still quite a distance. But, it is worth the drive because it is a nice store. It is small (compared to Petco, Petsmart) but they do have a variety of fish, supplies, and equipment. The main thing that I like is: they take the finest care of their livestock that I have ever seen. I would rate them right up there with Sea Dreams. They have an impressive Betta display. Yes, the Bettas are in cups but they are all active and healthy and just practically screaming "pick me, pick me." I did not find one that was just lying at the bottom of the cup looking like death warmed over.
luvmybetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 05:16 PM   #23 
JeanLuc2

I am definitely going to look for the one in Derby and check them out. Thanks for the information luvmybetta.

Moldau: If I go to either OKC or KC and get to go exploring then I will let you know what I find.
JeanLuc2 is offline   Reply With Quote