Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-03-2011, 11:01 PM   #11 
amandiepants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capricorn View Post
If you have a place for him to live in, just keep his water clean and warm and within a few weeks he should regrow what's missing. My Nettle is a chronic tail biter.. the original damage from when I had gotten him had healed when he decided to bite all of his fins (I'm talking everything. Literally every fin on his body). He looks more like a plakat than a halfmoon right now, but I already see new growth coming in. It just takes time.

Also, if the guppy is on his own you won't have to worry about his food being stolen.. you can try feeding him a high-protein diet to help spur growth.

edit; Cool! I live up in Kent.. my dad used to drive down to New Britain when he worked for CL&P.
Oh wow thats awesome! and ty so much on the fish info... i do see a change already its growing back some... he had a pellet lodged in his throat today... i always break the pellet up for his little mouth until i get him flakes but i guess he just didnt swallow this so i had to take him out and take it out of his mouth myself lol... and i saved his life lmao it was seriously fishy CPR hahaha
amandiepants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 11:11 PM   #12 
turtle10

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandiepants View Post
Oh wow thats awesome! and ty so much on the fish info... i do see a change already its growing back some... he had a pellet lodged in his throat today... i always break the pellet up for his little mouth until i get him flakes but i guess he just didnt swallow this so i had to take him out and take it out of his mouth myself lol... and i saved his life lmao it was seriously fishy CPR hahaha
On no what did you do?! Did you have to use tweezers? I would have panicked it that situation. SO glad you were able to save him, he has a great "mom" lol.
turtle10 is offline   Reply With Quote