Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-06-2011, 11:13 PM   #1 
ascovino77

Betta Food

Hello guys how are you?...well this time i wanna ask you about the food for the bettas. I have been looking for frozen food or something in my country but i havent found anything yet, so im giving them 4 pellets (dryffod) and 1 bloodworm a day. I looked at my local petstore and i found a lot of bettafood brands (pellets most of them) and i wonder which one is the best. the posibilities are: TETRABETTA

SERA BETTAGRAM

AQUARIAN BETTA PELLETS

I also saw NEW LIFE SPECTRUM food but for cichlids, community fish formula and for surface eaters....so, which one do you recomend?? im gonna keep looking for NLS betta formula...thanks for your answers and im sorry for my poor english...cheers..

P.S. these are the bloodworms im giving to them:

ascovino77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 11:34 PM   #2 
vilmarisv

First of all... Freeze dried bloodworms are not a good diet for your betta.
Many people give them once a week as a treat but they lack nutrition.
I don't use them at all... I feed my fish both frozen bloodworms and high protein pellets. The frozen bloodworms are my fish's "treat" as they LOVE them but they are good kids so they get them everyday.
I have never used any of the pellets you showed but read the labels!
Look for a pellet high in protein that has actual seafood as the first ingredient (e.g. brine shrimp, krill, herring)
NLS is a really good brand... since your petstore already orders it, ask if they will order the betta food for you. I mentioned my family owned LPS that i was looking for NLS fry food andf they ordered in for me the next day!

Last edited by vilmarisv; 03-06-2011 at 11:38 PM.
vilmarisv is offline   Reply With Quote